Wednesday 16 August 2006

Getting ready for hols

Oh well, only a couple of days and the kids and I are off to Pontins. 

Matthew and Rosie are 12 and 11 and looking forward to going there again and so am I.  We are also going with their older brother, Martin, and their sister, Lisa and her boyfriend, Daniel.  A cousin of mine from Poland is coming over to join us too, so its quite a crowd.  Paul is staying behind to look after Billy our yorkie.  Its great to be getting away from work for a week and I am looking forward to spending some quality time with the kids.  They are growing up so quickly.  I work full time up London and every day seems to pass so quickly and the weekends go in a flash!  Just lately I've been doing a 4 day week during the school holidays and it has made a difference but I can't afford to do it for too long.

Matthew and Rosie have lived with me since the death of my sister, Barbara, 4 years ago.  I have lost two sisters to breast cancer and my third has luckily survived it.

I'll write more about my background and "my bowl of cherries" in the future.  In the meantime, hello to anyone who reads my blog.

Terry

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Terry ...
Firstly thanku for reading and leaving comments on my blog, it is much appreciated.   Its friday night and i am staying in - i can hear the rain and the wind howling outside so am settling down to read your blog and i got a good feeling about it !   Nice intro, shame Paul had to stay home tho - and sorry to hear about the death of two of your sisters.  My aunt who is 81 years old had her breast removed this summer because of cancer.  Ok, i will read on now.
Luv Jayne :o)