Saturday 22 September 2007

Getting overthe lurgy

Hello, I am back!  I have not been well at all over the last week or so and had to go to the doctor the other day and luckily after having some antibiotics, I now feel like myself again.  We have all been ill except Matthew ....

I am sooooo far behind at work, having had a lot of time off in August and now having only done a few days in September.  Goodness knows how I'll ever catch up but hey, I will have fun trying.

Had a busy morning tidying up because Lisa, my niece, is coming down for the afternoon.  I know she is hoping to go bowling but I don't think Rosie or I are up to that yet.  Oh well, we'll see.

Martin is not that happy with his new job and I hope that he'll start looking around for something else.  He took that one quite quickly and apart from the long journey he has, it sounds as if he works with some really rude people.  You'd think with all the employment laws and man management courses things would be different but it seems its the norm for the management there to go round shouting.  Hmmm.

Matthew and Rosie are doing fine.  Both back at school now and busy with homework etc.  Matthew has quite a lot coming up with Scouts.  I got a letter from the Scouts the other day for a trip next year to Scotland for 10 days - only £450!  I don't know if we'll let him go or not.  We have booked a beach house at Caister for a week at the end of August next year.  We came across it this year when we were at Hemsby.  Its an old fisherman's cottage with a balcony looking over the dunes to the sea.  Luckily the owners were about and gave us a tour, I am really looking forward to a quiet break there.  Paul will be coming with us - he can't stand holiday camps - and I hope he may get a bit of fishing in.

He is very down at the moment because his shop made a loss this year.  Its really difficult because a lot of people also use the internet to buy plumbing supplies now and he just can't compete.

Anyway, hope you are all ok.  I am still trying to catch up with alerts - only 255 to go. 

Hugs, Terry x

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

225 alerts ouch ,Sorry you have been ill ,pleased to read you are feeling so much better ,The Fishermans cottage sounds idealic ,something to look forward too ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been ill, but glad you are getting better.  I just lately heard about how people are having to change their way of busness due to the internet sales going on.  In order to compete many are adding that service to their own busineses.  Lots of changes in the past few years for sure.  How nice to have your holiday planned for next year already !  That will give you something nice to think about when winter days come.  Hope your day is a great one and enjoy your visit.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))I am sorry you havnet been well,I hope ans pray you feel better soon.I am sorry Martin doesnt like His job,its hard theeses days to find a good job with good people to work with,I pray He finds what Hes looking for.That vaction for you all sounds very nice.I will pray for Matthew that His spirits will be lifted up.Have a nice sat.

Anonymous said...

i will keep you in prayer that you feel 100% better soon!!! I am glad you will have a nice place to go to next August and hate to hear that Martin doesnt like his job.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon honey! and I know what Martin means about his work...the Teen works for a Lawyer who thinks it`s okay to swear at the staff! Nice man NOT! take care
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Tells ((((((big hug for you))))))) cos you've been poorly - but pleased to hear you are feeling better now.   You're fishermans cottage sounds luverley.  You take care, luv Jaynee x

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been ill, but glad you are now feeling better!  It's that time of year I guess for nasty bugs and colds.  It's been lovely catching up with you this morning.  Fingers crossed that there is not so long a wait til next time!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Hi ya Terry! Sorry to hear you have been unwell.  There is nothing worse than coming back from a nice relaxing holiday to a pile of work and then getting sick on top of that so you get even further behind when you are feeling at your worst!!!  I really hope you can get some help to get back on top of it so you aren't chasing your tail for the next few months!  All that relaxation wasted huh???...lol...

Your fishermans cottage sounds great and something to look forward to!  Hope you are all on the mend really soon.

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better too. What a couple of crocks we are! Shame about Martin's new job. I would not like it there either!
Rather expensive trip to Scotland are they going skiing or something?

Anonymous said...

What happened to my text????Lol!

Anonymous said...

IM ON THE EDGE OF COMIN DOWN WITH SOMETHING, Aol is playin up, cant read my emils, GRRRRR!!! bECKIE X

Anonymous said...

You have been very quiet. Hope you are well and not in hospital like me. Tell me your news. Love Conniexx