Sunday 28 October 2007

Kicking up the leaves

 

We had a nice time this week.  I decided to take Rosie to Hampton Court Palace in Surrey on Friday.  Matthew didn't fancy going round a historic palace, so he stayed at home with Martin.  It was quite a long journey from here as Paul wasn't keen that I should drive, hmmm.  It took about 2 hours by train and tube but we eventually made it there.  Words cannot describe the wonderful aura of the place and knowing we were walking down corridors that Henry XIII had actually walked down with his entourage was mind blowing.  Hampton Court has a very famous maze but we were very disappointed with it as it was rather small.  The photos above were taken in the wonderful grounds and we had a lot of fun messing around with the leaves!  It was a thoroughly enjoyable day but so tiring.  I thought I was going to drop off on the way home on the train, so best I didn't drive.  Rosie was complaining at how worn out she was and I pointed out to her that I had 40 years on her and to imagine how I was feeling.  I think you need to spend a couple of days at this wonderful palace to see everything.  Rosie was enthralled and kept asking, do you think the King touched this door, etc, etc.  She loves history and makes me realise how uneducated I am!  Perhaps I may learn something through her now.   We sat near the fountain and had a chat about how Queen Victoria opened this Palace to the public and there were photos around of the visitors at that time.  We discussed how we would be long gone and that the public would still visit the Palace ... quite a weird feeling but hey, thats history!

I feel I should get a blimming medal for the ironing I have done today, just thought I'd mention it.

At work things seems to have improved.  My new colleague came back during the week and has seemed to get to grips with not only her illness but also with her heart.  One of our chaps left on Wednesday and after I had finished my overtime I took her down to the bar and got the dj to play "Things can only get better" and he started his smoke machine and I got her to bop around.  She did smile and I think she is well on the mend now.  They have had a major swap around with who works for who (not me, ha ha) and hopefully all will be happier for everyone.  Joy of joy, we have our new filing clerk starting on Tuesday ... I sat in with the interviews and she appears to be a really nice lady, who has been looking for a job for a while.  I know she will be very excited and I am pleased for her.

I must tell you about one of the interviews I sat in on.  As soon as I entered the room my eyes were drawn to it.  What could it have been???  I have never seen such a lot of green on anyone's nose bits on their glasses before!  It was a vivid green and I just could not take my eyes off it.  Maybe she was so shortsighted that she couldn't see the green on her glasses when she put them on.  Made me feel rather queezy and put me right off.  Moral of the story, if you are going on an interview get your greens sorted! Oooh.

Hey, the sun hasn't come out but Martin has just gone in the kitchen and says he will make the dinner.  Oh yes!  I am now going to sit down and read my book and be a lady of leisure.

Hugs to all.

Tells x

 

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is'nt Hampton Court fantastic i went about 10 yrs ago had such a lovely day, your right the maize is small but fun. Glad to hear everthing settling down at work, and well done for getting the ironing done...lol
take care

love yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Not been to Hampton Court Palace for absolutely years. Thanks for sharing!

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved the pictures of you and Rosie at HamptonCourt ,I would love to go there, all that history ,like you I wish Id listened more at school but happy to learn now ,very well done getting all that ironing done ,you deserve, having your dinner cooked for you ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! My baby grandson is cute isn't he!
I bought some new make-up with your present yesterday a nice pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow and pencil. Thanks so much. I look really glam now!! Pity there is no-one here but me to see it!! Love Conniexx

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you got to see the castle .  I would love that too. History is one of my favorites.  The pictures of you and Rosie are so nice.  I could see you were enjoying the nice weather for sure.  How lucky can you be, having dinner fixed for you -- enjoy your book. 'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

The photos look great and I`m like you ...love the fact that a King had walked the same bit as I was tee hee!
bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tells - what lovely pics of you and your daughter, you both look to be having so much fun.   Many moons ago i lived not to far from Hampton Court Palace so know how much you both marvelled at its spectaculorness.......and yes the Maze is not so amazing !!       Well done for conquering the ironing, mine is still waiting to be done!!
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

as always your entry bought a smile to my face..you have such a good attitude....love the pics too..
havea good week...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Hey Tells, lovely pics! It looks lovely there! I like going to Leeds castle - have you ever been there? its beautiful. Laine xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))Very nice pics.By the way,Trick or Treat.

http://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hiya Tells!  Ok, first and most importantly - lock up that girl now!  Rosie is just too gorgeous!  Its criminal!  Terry she is just a beautiful young lady!  Man, you and Paul are going to spend a few nights on the door step with your shot guns in years to come!!!....lol.....

Secondly, I remember my Mum and Dad taking us kids to Hampton Court just before we came to Oz about 35 years ago!  I was 7 and I can remember back then thinking that this place was amazing because kings and queens had walked on the same floors and touched the same door handles!!!  Its amazing isn't it!  Its one of the places I want to see again as I don't remember that much about it but I do remember the maze.  Is that the place with Queen Victoria's dolls house?  I remember being fascinated by that.

The photos look good too.  All the autumn leaves - even though its getting colder for you - the colours really are beautiful at this time of year aren't they! Oh, and the photo of you by the fountain makes you look about 20 years younger than the one on your side bar!  Have you had some work done that you haven't told us about???....lol.....

Glad you had a good day out - and at least if you were knackered you had good reason to be!  Theres nothing wrong with feeling completely exhausted if you have been on your feet all day - its when you've done nothing and feel that way that you should worry!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

have i told you lately how pretty you are? Rosie is GORGEOUS too....green nose bits? How strange...did that person get hired? I love history and would have been beside myself also to go to such a place! I love it when you show pics. You take GOOD care of yourself my friend!
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Oh dear looks like you need to bring that third photo down to the next space and then the lines will shorten again.  Otherwise lovely photos.  Wish I was there! Gerry http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

Anonymous said...

hampton court, all those headless phantoms runniing about, love it! Beckie x