Wednesday 7 November 2007

Reposting as I think AOL was playing up

I have been reading a journal that has really touched and humbled me.  Heres the link, go along and encourage this wonderful woman.  http://journals.aol.co.uk/spriteverdixx/a-journey-of-another-kind..../entries/2007/11/06/like-buses...../912  I have read it from the beginning and have started commenting.  If ever I moan about anything mundane, please slap me! 

Things here all calm and quiet!  It seems though that things are livening up and there is trouble coming at work, I can feel it in my bones and by the very atmosphere of the place.  I fear my new colleague will be leaving and it will cause us chaos but hey, its only a little thing in the grand scheme of life.  I shall keep you posted.

Martin started his new job on Monday and says he feels like he has gone home.  I really hope this works out for him as I know he has been so bored at home and needs to work to get his finances sorted out.

The children are back at school now after half term and we are all feeling pretty tired.  Not long though and it will be the Christmas hols and the merry go round of finding all the presents.  I just can't believe how quickly the year goes by.

I have just read the book "Abandoned" by Anya Peters.  She wrote an online blog whilst homeless.  This girl had a cruel, abusive and loveless childhood, I had to keep closing the book and it took me a while to get through it.  Heres an adddress for her journal, its wanderingscribe.blogspot.com

Well, on that cheerful note off I go!

Hugs, Tells xx

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that for every groan and moan I do have there is always someone with things a lot worse to remind us of how blessed we are.  The holidays are always a whirlwind here for sure.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link..I went over and got addicted and had to read the whole thing...you are right..slap me too ..bless her...
have agreat day i know i am going to
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links will visit and check them out, you have a good day honey.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Glad martins back at work and all is working out for him, and yes xmas is upon again it does come round quicker every year..lol
wil have a look at the journal

take care

Yasmin






Anonymous said...

Glad martins back at work and all is working out for him, and yes xmas is upon again it does come round quicker every year..lol
wil have a look at the journal

take care

Yasmin






Anonymous said...

Journals like that make you stop and think she is so courageous isnt she ? So pleased Martin likes his job ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

i hope things at work don't go crazy.......it is hard to believe it is almost the end of the year...at my job they play Christmas music all the time now.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Great news on the job front for Martin! Well done!  And I LOVE your new 'About Me' photo!  Its fabulous!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Well done to Martin, work is a funny place, its amazing how much your job interferes with your life sometimes.Beckie x

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than trouble at work............. It affects everything. Keep us posted.
Gaz x

Anonymous said...

Public Journals certainly have a way of making certain things more humble, appreciated and acceptable don't they. I'll go check out the link.......
Wishing you well,
Rebecca Anne