Friday 15 December 2006

oooh I am so behind

Well, I am so far behind in everything!  I have loads of alerts to read and am slowly getting through.

Last week, we went to Pontins at Prestatyn for a long weekend.  Rosie had won a heat at Pontins Hemsby when we went in the Summer reciting "The Albert and Lion" which she had learned from one of our old cds.  She loves performing and was Joseph in her end of term play at primary.

Luckily my nephew, Martin, drove us to Prestatyn, I couldn't do that long drive .. it was bad enough going to Norfolk.  It was cold, windy and wet on the drive down.  The car was really crowded as Lisa, their older sister, was in the car as well (a small vw golf).  Her boyfriend was unfortunate enough to have an ingrown hair on his bottom and had to have an op to remove it the week before and wasn't well enough to drive there.  I knew it would make it really tight in Martin's car and wasn't keen on the children being so squashed but was worn down in the end by feeling guilty.  She kept phoning me and texting me, saying she wouldn't ask anything else, couldn't I drive so there would be lots of room etc., etc.  Hmmm.  I was surprised she could leave her boyfriend as he was feeling so poorly but she was determined to come, so what could I do.  She was good company though and we did have some good laughs with her.

We were also joined by Julia, Martin's girlfriend who lives in Stafford but she drove her own car down, so Lisa went with her (after 3 hours of squashing the kids).

Most of the kids were semi professional, all singing and all dancing.  I found it all very interesting though.  They had a few different age groups and Rosie was in the 11-14 group against 36 others.  There were lots of disco dancers in very exotic costumes and make up and some very talented singers.  I particularly liked one girl who sang "Where is Love" from Oliver.  She sang without music and her voice was really fabulous.  Her voice had maturity and had a wonderful tone.  She got through to the final heat with 5 others from the 11-14 age group and was the eventual winner of the group and she deserved it.  Rosie was disappointed not to get through to the grand final but was cheered up with her new wheelie roller skates, especially as there were lots of great places in Pontins for her to skate about on and get used to them.

We made a couple of trips into Rhyl.  The sea is so dramatic in the winter and I enjoyed watching the waves crashing against the promenade.  The weather was very windy and also freezing cold so no chance of a swim!

We found a lovely sheepskin rug for Paul which is twice the size of the one he presently has and he is really pleased with it.  It took a bit of persuading on my part to get Martin to bring it home directly with us instead of Julia bringing it when she is coming down here next but I did win in the end!  We also found a Liverpool football clock for my dear friend Audrey who lives over the road.  Its got the words "You'll never walk alone" and we know that she and her husband will love it, I can't wait to see their faces at Christmas.

We were walking down a street in Rhyl and Matthew found a wallet.  Luckily we found a police station just round the corner and although the wallet had no id on it, I hope the person who lost it thinks to check at the police station to see if it was handed in.

We got a taxi back to Pontins from Rhyl and I was chatting to the driver.  We had thought we would give Martin and Julia a little together time as they don't see each other that regularly being so far apart.

We had noticed speed camera signs everywhere once we had got into Wales but saw no speed cameras, so I asked the taxi driver about them.  Apparently they have these vans that go round, hiding round corners etc., and they take no prisoners.  Well, no chance of me ever breaking the speed limit in Wales or anywhere, so I'll be safe, ha ha!  As we got chatting she told me he worked closely with the local Police on the Stephen Lawrence project.  I believe this was the young boy who was killed by bullies in South London a few years ago.  This project is around for children who are a bit different than others and they get introduced to all people from different walks of life.  Anyway, this taxi driver told me that she was involved because she was diverse.  Then when I looked again, I realised she was a he dressed up as a she!  She was very pleasant and we did have a nice chat.  I told her about my gay friend and the time I had my working trip to Rio with him a few years ago (now, that is another story ..... and was very different to Pontins, oooh I still remember my hotel room overlooking Ipemema beach).  We both agreed that you can't judge a book by its cover and that it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

Saturday evening was very pleasant.  We watched x factor and then decided to have a sing song of our own.  Even the love birds joined in with London's burning and it was very uplifting!  We did a bit of frere jacque too but enjoyed London's burning the best.

On Sunday we were supposed to leave the apartment at 10 but as I was first up at 9.45 it simply didn't happen.  We eventually started moving towards home (after everyone went swimming at the local leisure centre) at 3pm!! 

We had a lovely time though and it was a nice experience except for the rubber covered mattress on my tiny single bed!

This week has been crazy, as I hadn't got hardly any presents sorted out and was feeling stressed.  Tonight I wrote out a few cards for the chaps that work with Paul.  I need desperately to do the cards for my family in Poland and get them sent off and must do it this weekend.  I had the day off work today and went out alone and managed to get quite a few presents sorted out for the family and have about 5 to get now. 

Tomorrow I am out all day on a coach trip to Thursford in Norfolk.  I think its a Christmas market and a Christmas show.  We leave at 9am and get back about 10pm.  I booked it months ago and didn't how near it was to Christmas and having gone away last weekend too it has really cut my time down for getting things done.  I am sure we'll all enjoy it though.  We have loads of goodies to eat on the trip, including some rather nice Strawberry tarts!

Take care everyone.

Hugs.

Terry

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow havent you been busy ? did Rosie win the skates ?you will enjoy Thursford ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get some pictures on your trip - it does sound like lots of fun.  It seems these days just can't get any busier and then they do!  Hope you get caught up soon...only this coming week to go !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))I hope you will be able to get some rest in bwtween your busy weekend.Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have had a great time away. You will soon catch up with Xmas! love conniex

Anonymous said...

Wow!!  Your life sounds just as busy as mine right now...its mad isn't it?  Enjoy your bus trip though...maybe you can kill 2 birds with one stone and do some Christmas shopping at the markets...lol!! Enjoy the day!!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

you sound like you all had a great time, i can't keep up with alerts either...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are truly very busy getting ready for Xmas.  I am having a Christmas Eve party for my family which I do every year.  This year Doc is contributing a turkey, so the only thing I am not making is potatoes and gravy.  Potato salad instead.  Since I have chronic fatigue the kids are always saying, now mom are you up to this.  Since an over night visit from a rowdy grandson can put me down. But Doc is helping. If I had done what you describe doing in this entry I would be out for a month!   Love, Gerry http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time and thanks for your comments in my journal.
Andy
http://journals.aol.co.uk/andrewfrnd/life

Anonymous said...

OMG you have had a busy week! Can you e mail me with your e mail address for the new link to journal? thanks.
luv bella xx