Thursday 17 January 2008

So, so tired

Oooh I am a bit tired ... only had an hour and a half sleep last night.  My feet are killing me from a rotten journey standing all the way home on the train last night too.

Also ... I have had my hair cut today and think its a bit short.  Its still a bobby type of thing but I will have to go and have a fiddle with it, so it looks more like my own hair rather than this stunning, fuzz free style.

I have been a busy bee.  I had to go into work on Saturday, so had a short weekend.  Then on Monday, got up feeling really sick.  If it were not for the fact that I am now 52 and very well past my menopause (sorry chaps) I would definitely have thought that I was pregnant.  I ended up on the settee all day cuddled up to little Billy, who was very pleased to have me home.  I then took full advantage of Paul when he came home and allowed him to cook the dinner whilst I stayed in the same position a la settee.

I bet you are wondering where the little bit of French is coming from.  Je m'pelle Tells, deux cafe silvoo plait (hmmm, very bad French spelling here). ou et l'toilette silvoo plait.  Well, have been practising because I am off to Geneva on Tuesday for work.  Yes, I have a very important task to do upon my arrival in the land of the alps.  No, not skiing or anything fun, I am .... unpacking boxes!  Hmmm, I am sure my talents could be better used but this is what has been decided and to be quite honest it will be a lovely break as I will be there with my favourite boss who got married recently.  We plan to go for a lovely meal on Tuesday night and then I'll be flying back late Wednesday afternoon.  My firm has an office out there which has recently moved (or shoud I say, relocated, now I work for an American firm, eh?).  We also have a flat, so myself and Suzanne will stay there.  We keep giggling and saying what fun we'll have but we must try to remember that I am there to do the boxes, so will have to do some I suppose.

Rosie and I are off to see Joseph in the West End of London on Thursday evening.  I just hope the trains will be working ok as Paul will bring her up to Liverpool Street to meet me after work and then he'll go back on the train.  She is too young to travel alone with all the weird people you can come across.  We'll probably go fora meal first.  We have had the tickets for ages and the chap playing Joseph won the part through a BBC tv show on which Andrew Lloyd Webber was involved.  He is very good and I hope he is on the night we go and not a stand in.  We are really looking forward to it especially because Rosie played Joseph in her last year at primary school and we know all the songs.

So, apart from aching feet, short hair and feeling absolutely worn out, sitting here quite happy really.

Hugs to all my friends.

If you really want to see this naughty picture below of my Polish cousin, Wojtek, you'll have to turn your head sidewards"

Tells x

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder your are tired!! Have a great time when you go away even though it is work lol and you and Rosie have a ball at Joseph....luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Blimey I got tired just reading about your week. Just remember what the Swiss are famous for-- no not yodelling but chocolate!!!

Andy
http://journals.aol.co.uk/andrewfrnd/life

Anonymous said...

Gosh no wonder you are tired ,dont worry about your hair ,my Dad used to say there is only a week between a good hair cut and a bad one ,and he was a Barber lol ,Oh I envy you going to see Joseph ,Leigh Mee ? was that his name ? something like that, was excellent, I hope you get to see him... Do hope you are feeling better now ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

How exiting to be going on your trip !  It sounds like more play than work so have fun !  Hope you are feeling all better.  Enjoy the show and the trip!  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember those days if you could'nt get a seat, sorry to hear your not feeling well and hope it passes soon.
Geneva sounds exciting even if you are un packing boxes nice change of scenery though. Joseph should be fun I hear Lee Mead is very good.
Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Geneva is a charming city, enjoy your trip. Hope you feel better soon.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

That's quite a set of balls he's got there... does he know they're no longer attached?
:)
MJ

Anonymous said...

Chuckling at the last comment.  too funny.  It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to!  I would love to go to Geneva even if it was only to unpack boxes and Joseph!  You lucky woman you!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, nice arse ;-)
Gaz xxx

Anonymous said...

hope you're feeling better..have a good weekend
Lyn

Anonymous said...

nice pic of the Polish cousin! Be safe and enjoy your time unpacking those boxes.....will you share a pic of your new hairdo? I know you look beautiful regardless of how short it is. I hope you have had some rest!
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Nice pair of ........! LOL.

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better now ~ your trip to Geneva sounds good ~ I'll bet you have some fun time as well as unpacking those boxes ~ hope you enjoy "Joseph" and you don't go on a night when they have a standin ~ I remember watching Andrew Lloyd Webber choosing the star for the show ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

All the best for your Geneva trip,I hope you get to see some sights,piccies please as usual,lol take care zoe xxxxxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

everyones off on trips and i never go anywhere, my mum wants to go to,poland next year, ill join her! beckie x

Anonymous said...

Oh how amazing!  A trip to Geneva!  That just blows my mind!  Its takes 3 - 4 hours just to fly to another state in Australia and you can 'pop' over to another country for an overnight stay!  Ah, well done!  You deserve the break - even if you do have to unpack boxes!!...lol!

Enjoy Joseph, I loved that play when I was in school and I still remember all the songs too!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Hi Tells -  lookie at you going on business trips !!    fab - make sure you have fun.  And you're off to see Joseph - what a fabulous life you lead :o)      Hope you are feeling much better now - take it easy today :o)   Maybe Paul will cook Sunday lunch :o)
Luv Jaynee X

Anonymous said...

Awwww I really wanna go see Joseph with Lee Mead in it - I love it! Laine xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/

Anonymous said...

Hello, I stopped by, by way of yasmin to say Congratulations on your award that's waiting for you in her journal. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this entryand I hope that you had a lovely trip abroad and got a little fun in, too.  I have not seen this photo.  Ha.  Sounds like work is keeping you tired out.  Too bad for us.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

Helooo just popping by to say hi. Love Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/laines-world/