Monday 1 January 2007

Back to work

Its back to work for me tomorrow.  It seems ages since I was last there.  Its all change and after 30 years of working for my company we have been taken over by the Americans!  Yes, all systems will be go and completely different tomorrow, even a name change.  I am really lucky as I don't have to change offices.  If they had decided to move our particular department, it would add at least 1 hour to my day in travelling (its already 2 hours a day) and £3 a day fares on a bus.  I had a 4 hour computer course about their systems a week or so before we broke up for Christmas and am wondering whether I'll remember anything - now where did I put those hand outs?  I am dreading going back to the build up of emails and filing I will have to do but I must admit that I am getting a little bored at home and am looking forward to seeing my friends and hearing about their time over Christmas.  My bosses were so generous to me over Christmas, I have loads of M&S vouchers and Boots vouchers to spend which they gave me.  Its weird though, every time I get these vouchers I find them so hard to part with whereas I have no trouble normally going and spending money in those shops.

I have been out with Rosie to our shopping centre and got myself some new jeans and a pair of black cords.  I think I have lost weight over the holiday believe it or not.  Probably its because I have not been near the cake table at work for a week or so.  I will wear my new cords and a red top to work tomorrow and stun them all with my slimmer hips.  All I need to do now is lose some off top! I have always been slimmer below. 

Martin has had to take his girlfriend, Julia, to the NHS drop in centre as she has really bad cystistis.  It is a 3 hour journey home for her to Stafford and I somehow think that will now happen today as it is already 5pm and they have been gone for a couple of hours now.  Its a shame, they didn't go out last night because she was unwell and they could have gone to a party in our village where my other nephew, David, was. 

Yesterday was very relaxed.  I made an old childhood favourite for dinner.  Pilchard pie!  Its lovely, get a couple of tins in tomato sauce and mash them up a bit at the bottom of a pyrex dish.  Boil up some potatoes and mash, adding butter and milk.  Dot over the pilchards and top with grated cheese.  Half an hourin the oven and its gorgeous, especially with a tossed salad.  You either love it or hate it!  Rosie really loved it but Matthew was not so keen.  Ha ha, they will have it again now that I have remembered it.

We then had a very quiet New Year's Eve and stayed at home, eating some goodies and watching the television. I did have a little dance around as the clock struck 12, a bit like the can can!  The London fireworks were really impressive but I was glad not to be in that crowd of people in the cold. 

Audrey has been over a couple of times today, bringing me more brussel sprouts on one visit!  She often comes with brussel sprouts, I must look in need.

Ok, off now to make a lovely prawn cocktail for the kids and Paul.  This will be followed with Pizza al la Tells.

Hugs.

Terry x

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the work, hope there is not too much and that things will run smoothly now you have been taken over.  I never used to spend vouchers. In the end I always forgot I had them after putting them away in a safe place lol. The fireworks were certainly spectacular, wonder how some of those people got home.  Love prawn cocktail.  The pilchard thing sounds quite good, well I love pilchards lol.

Anonymous said...

I too will be back at work tomorrow - lots of us will !  No more holidays here for quite a while.  Lots of good memories of this one though that will have to carry us through.  'On ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I had fun spending £80 worth M&S vouchers yesterday ,I hope there are no problems at work tomorrow ,I love the sound of the pilchard pie  ,yes we saw the new year in via the TV  ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Taken over by the AMERICANS?????  
Oh dear... is there anything we AREN'T taking over.  My condolences.  If they turn out to be jerks, let me know.  I'll have a talk with them.  ;)

Anonymous said...

Hve fun spending your vouchers on some pampering stuff, hope you`ve had a good day!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

The meal sounds delish!  Happy New Yaer!!

Anonymous said...

Pilchard Pie never heard of it but will now try Pilchards I think are underused, treat yourself with all those vouchers and I'm sure you'll soon get into the swing of thing with the changes at works

Happy New Year

yasmin (cayasm)

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))hope you and your family had a nice New YEars.The pie soudns kinda werid.lol.Tamotes?That is very nice you got some gifts from your co workers.I am sur your you will get used to your new change,I know its hard.Specilay dealing with a new boss.But I come to like Her.

Anonymous said...

back to work for me also... Sounds you have like a wonderful New Years.. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Thanks for being a friend on j-land. All the best for 2007. love conniex

Anonymous said...

My daughter gets lots of MS vouchers each year,
and waits for the sales..then,buys loads of lovely undies to last year
happy new year.
Take care.Kate