Monday 22 January 2007

Relief

I should have come on here before to do an entry but I have been having terrible troubles with my computer, its been freezing and crashing.  Tonight it has been sorted out I hope and I have just delivered my clever nephew home.  I have only had this computer for 6 months and I don't like it very much!

All is well with Rosie after the talk with her friend and her mother.  Rosie seems a lot happier in herself and although I think they are not best friends, they have both compromised and are thinking a little more about how they treat each other. 

Some great news, my sister Chris had her all clear last week after being 5 years cancer free.  She had a masectomy and I believe this helped her survive.  She is a wonderful girl and I am so proud and lucky to have her as my sister.  She is really my rock and is always so loving to me.

I have been very busy over the last week or so.  With the new changes at work, I seem to have spent a lot of time there and we are very badly behind because a lot of the new systems simply don't work properly.  I have had to work the last two Sundays and will be going again this Sunday.  Also, I have done quite a few late evenings.

We attended a funeral last week.  It was very sad.  Paul's cousin's son died at only 43 with stomach cancer.  He has left a loving wife and two teenagers and his parents.  He was very loved and the crematorium was absoutely packed, we had to really squeeze in and they were standing in the aisle.  They played Hotel California as he was brought in and Bohemian Rapshody as we left.  He choose these songs.   It seems so unfair that a good man has gone so young.

The kitchen project has still been driving us to arguments and general testiness!  Mr Enthusiastic is very firm on what he wants - hmmm, its me who spends longer in there!  The kitchen fitter was supposed to come last Thursday to talk things over again with us but I was stuck up London because all trains from Liverpool Street were cancelled for quite a time.  I was lucky in the end though because they ran a train to a nearby town and so I was not too late home although by the time they decided to run it I had already bought new underwear and a wash kit because I thought I would not get home and have to sleep in the office.

Anyway, we made a new arrangement to see the kitchen fitter on Saturday and we have now agreed on the worktops.  All we are waiting for is another meeting with him tomorrow night, for final measuring etc.  I have found a nice freezer at a good price at Comet on Line (a Bosch) and am now looking to find a washing machine and tumble drier.  I saw the freezer for £100 more in Curries!!  I have just got to find some time to look, although it seems you can get these sorts of things delivered very quickly.  We are trying to get the kitchen started on the 12th March, so when we finally get it done I'll put some pictures on.  We have to clear it before and get the floor tiled, so it looks like we'll be eating sandwiches for quite a while although I have been promised that the washing machine, tumble drier and freezer will be available almost immediately the units start to go in.

Anyway, hope everyone is ok.

Hugs.

Terry

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Tells..... gosh, your life sounds very busy jus now...... Yipeeeeee for your sister, such good news, and sadness to for your relative who has recently died, life can be so cruel as we know.     So its all go on the Kitchen front eh?  hope its not going to lead to divorce....lol........ jus keep your cool girl !
Don't work to hard either.....
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going better for Rosie, but sorry your computer is on the fritz!!  HUGs

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been having computer problems,nice to have you back ,and if you can bear with some inconvenience you sound as though you will soon have a new kitchen ,how lovely ,so sorry about Pauls cousin ,so young ,very pleased for your sister getting the all clear that is marvelous news and pleased the bullying has stopped ,what a relief for Rosie ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a busy time of it.  Glad the computer got fixed.  It is such a bother when they don't work right.  Thankfully one of my son's comes home once in awhile to keep mine operating as it should.  The new kitchen does sound exciting - I'll be looking for the pictures.  Sandwiches aren't all bad...at all.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you been having a busy life right now,hope its not stresing you to much.I am sorry about your relative.I am happy for your sister and your daughter.Hope you have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

Good news that things have settled down for Rosie.  Happy children makes our lives much easier to negotiate throughout a busy week and you sure have been busy!!!  Good luck on the kitchen front.  Hold out for what you want since as you say - you spend so much more time in it!
Hope the madness subsides soon and you get to relax a little.

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Good news all round I'd say... good luck with the Kitchen..we are still negotiaiting with the window guys...does my head in...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

The kitchen sounds exciting. If you get the kitchen right everything else seems ok too. Love conniexx

Anonymous said...

Lots of reasons to be cheerful apart from Paul's cousin's son but isn't that just life? It's not often that it's just a bowl of cherries, there's usually a maggot lurking in there somewhere.

Lucky you getting a kitchen, all I got was some cupboard makeover paint, new knobs and a new mixer tap. Oh! And a ceramic floor, which was the best decision ever, looks lovely and cleans like a dream.

Thank goodness for young male relatives that can sort out computers for us.

Linda x.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/chicken-run-the-great-escape/

Anonymous said...

I`m really pleased that things with Rosie are better, sad about the cousin that died, and the kitchen ....well ding dinners for you for the next few weeks! take care Terry.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

we had a new kitchen put it by the council it took nearly 6 weeks from start to finish!! it was awful, had all my kitchen stuff in my front room and lived like a squatter!Beckie,xx