Thursday 19 April 2007

I hate Aldis

Hmmm, my little shopping expedition a few weeks ago cost me dearly when I parked in Aldis carpark.  I entered at 10.36 and left at 12.08 and because I stayed longer than one and a half hours it has cost me £40 in a parking fine.  It was on bank holiday Friday.  Very nice to get it on my birthday, eh?  2 minutes late .... There is no option of an appeal, only an increase to £70 if not paid by the 30th.  So I have paid and am feeling mad as hell.  Never again will Aldis get my custom.  I am thinking of really bad words to say about them but |I am too much of a lady!!  The worrying thing is that I was in there last Friday too and I am sure I was there longer than 1 hour and a half, so I am now waiting for my next fine to drop through the door. 

Apart from that, my birthday has been lovely.  Rosie made me a lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast and she and Paul got me a lovely radio cassette.  I got some lovely cards and presents from work, including earrings, a bracelet and some beautiful roses.  Christine gave me £50, so generous .... I will have to get something special and no, I am not spending on that parking fine!  Rosie baked me a birthday cake last night and it was absolutely delicious. 

Tomorrow I am going to the funeral of my friend Eileen, who sadly died last Saturday morning.  My sister and I worked with Eileen for many years, so we are both going together to pay our last respects.

My nephew, Martin ,called tonight to wish me happy birthday and we had a good chat.  Leeds doesn't seem to be going that great.  I am not sure whether its the job or the fact that he is missing being here, not only us but also his friends and all the activities he was involved in here.  It could be he is missing Billy but I don't think its that!  Maybe its my new kitchen luring him.  I don't really know but his voice sounded very sad and he told me that the job he had also been offered down here before he went was still open to him if he wanted it.  Obviously, I'd like him back here and didn't want him to go in the first place but I have told him that he needs to think very carefully about what to do next.  I think he is worn out as he has been doing some very late nights and that doesn't help.

Matthew is due back from Salcombe tomorrow night.  He tells us it will be at 11.30pm .... I bet you anything that it will be later than that.  I always seem to wait up for hours before he arrives home from these things.

Anyway, off I go now.

Hugs,

Terry x

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!  
What kind of store is Aldis? We have one here in godforsaken Hanover, PA.  It's discount grocery store.  I was wondering if they are the same.
I'm sorry too to hear about your friend.  Is it me or does it seem that everyone in J-land is going to funerals all of a sudden?

Anonymous said...

Ouch that fine is a bummer,you are to have sad farewell to your friend ,but at least you will be with your sister,didnt you have some great presents ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday honey!!!!! Bad news about the fine, lining the pockets of the already rich!! Hope Matthew had a good trip and if Rosie can post a slice of cake my address is on the way!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you !  You were certainly treated and honored by your special day.  Forget the ticket and shopping at that store.  Anyone who wants business would be glad to have a shopper there that long -- at least I would think that...  Hope it didn't spoil your celebration !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

((((((((HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYY TERRYYYYYY))))))))) Got to ask a question though. Why on earth would anyone want to spend more that an hour and a half in Aldi?
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

i am glad you had such a nice birthday!! You so deserve it! I once got a speeding ticket that made me so mad like your parking ticket. Its all a money racket! Love,lj

Anonymous said...

Did that ticket come through the post, if so, how can they enforce it, it was on private property, I don't understand. It would be different if you had been you had been clamped, can't you just tell them to piss off?

Happy Birthday, hope you enjoyed the rest of the day. It's mine tomorrow, which I share with Adolph Hilter! Oh well, time to go to bed, the Snore Monster is annoying me while I am down here, so I think he is in for a good slapping in a minute when I get upstairs. Lol!!

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))Glad you had a nice birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Terry!  Sounds like you were spoilt...as you should be! 40bucks for 2 minutes over time!!!!  F*&%!!!!! Its no wonder some people loose it and do crazy stuff! That is insane!  Hope Matthew had a good time.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday.

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Grrr... I left a nice comment and then AOL promptly made it dissappear!  No time to do another one...let me just say I feel your pain ref the parking ticket and I do hope that other than that you had a wonderful birthday!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

You have surprised me as I honestly did not think parking restrictions applied like that on a bank holiday. We have to pay to park in Sainsbury's & Morrisons car parks, but that is lifted on Sundays and bank holidays so why can't Aldi's do the same?

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of having to pay in Supermarket car park ~ I would no way shop there if I had to ~ mind I have never been to Aldis and never shall if I have to pay LOL ~ Hope you had a wonderful Birthday ~ I hope Martin will be OK and makes the right decision about his future ~ Ally
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

Anonymous said...

belated Happy Birthday!!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

They are only slightly better than Netto.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

that was a bit steep on the parking fine. Where we live you dont pay parking on Sundays and bank holidays. I hate aldo and lidl anyway because the queue is always too long in there. happy belated birthday and thank you for being a good friend and support recently................Jules xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice birthday.  Oh parking tickets are such a waste of money.  So aggravating!  Maybe your nephew will come back.  My son is moving across town.  I know I will miss him.  I hope he likes it.  The further away my daughter moved the less I saw of her and the kids.  Traffic is terrible in this badly torn up city (mass transit is doing most of it).  I would like to run over and see your new kitchen!  Ha.  Well, photos will have to do.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

What an arse hole!You go to those kinds of shops to pick up a bargain and all you get is a parking fine!Beckie.xx

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday, I know it cost you but you cant win wit the jobsworths waste of space the lot of em. The kitchen is comming on nicely. hopefully Martin will settle down in Leeds.

Hugs

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday... No it is not you who look like my great-grandfather... (reference to my blog)... but if you grow some chin whiskers, I will check again.

Anonymous said...

It must the month for it... i told shaun that somebody must have been watching me park in town because when i returned to the car they had left a little note on the screen saying PARKING FINE lol....he wasnt amused...hope you are well?  i havent been about much due to a manic life but i am catching uo now... nicky xxx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/mrsmasonater2005/my-life-and-family/