Saturday 12 May 2007

Hello everyone, well here I am on a sunny Saturday morning, which makes a nice start to the weekend.

I feel so sad at the moment, worrying about little Maddy and I even had a nightmare this week about it. It brings to mind a lot of sad events in my own life, particularly concerning paedophiles.  I pray to god that this little girl was maybe taken by someone really wanting a little girl and not some awful paedophile.  I don't condone her parents leaving her alone but who would imagine in their worst nightmares that such a terrible thing would occur. Please god she is found safe and well.

Turning to other things, I was shocked to see the room where Jeannette is having her treatment.  That made me sad too, knowing that my two sisters had face it too.  It was my Andrea's birthday yesterday, we lost her in 1999.  She went totally crazy when she was diagnosed with breast cancer and after she had had the operation she was convinced that she was still waiting to have it done and they had to move her into a separate room and she had to have psyhciatric treatment.  She was just so shocked that she had cancer she just lost it for a little while.  She said her turning point was when she was afterwards waiting for this treatment and saw little children waiting for theirs and that seemed to pull her back.  God bless you Andrea, I miss you so.  Our long telephone calls where my ear would be hot after talking for so long.  She would have loved the internet.  For years she was part of a postal blog involving about 8 girls, they wrote for about 20 odd years I think.  All young mothers together, sharing their lives.  As times got better for them all, they would meet up in London, firstly for just lunch and then they used to make a weekend of it, staying in nice hotels.  I am sure if she was here now, she'd be on the computer all the time.  She was such a lively person, always on the go.  If this blimming AOL worked properly and let me post a picture today I would put one on.  Lets hope I can get my buttons working properly again soon.

So, all in all, I have been feeling a bit blue.

Work has been challenging this week.  I have managed to be fairly nice to the new girl, through gritted teeth (or what I have left of 'em).  Big Boss has called me in twice, trying to get round me and even left an orchid on my desk the other day.  Hmmpppph.

I haven't mentioned that I am off to have my root canal on the 2nd June, the day draws nearer .... makes me realise what a coward I am especially when my friends here are going through worse.

I am off now to visit my good friend Laura.  I met her in a lonely lane in Greece many years ago when we were on holiday in Zakynthos and have been friends since.  I am going to try and help her with her computer ... I hope I can.  Its nice to have a lazier weekend as last weekend I worked Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday clearing up the office.  Double time was nice and it has helped pay for our little holiday in August but has left me exhausted!

Last and not least .... the tiler cometh on Tuesday!!! Hooray.

Hugs to all and hope you have a great weekend.

Terry x

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sorry to hear about your Sister Andrea ,these things never really go away .Iam trying to imagine what Maddys parents must be feeling ,how can they go home again ,and try to resume their lives if she isnt found ,unthinkable ...love Jan xx PS  pleased the tiler is coming

Anonymous said...

Here is a (((HUG))) for you this morning !  I does sound as though you need one.  I'm glad you are off to help a friend, that always does make us feel better.  Enjoy you weekend.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree about little Maddy. I do hope she has been taken by someone who really wanted a child and not a paedophile. She is 3 though and not a baby. You would think she would be more difficult to take than a baby. Please God she is found safe and sound but as the time goes on it becomes more and more worrying. Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

I bet you do miss your sister... how sad..yep she would have loved J Land..have fun today...hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

At least you have the tiler to complete the kitchen, good news! It is sad about Maddy and I hope that it is someone who wanted a wee girl and not the other that has her eitheir.I`m sure your sister would have loved the internet and it would have been your finger that were hot and not your ears! Have a good weekend. luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))I am sorry about your SIster,I know you miss Her so much.It is so sad about Maddy,hope She is found safe and sound.I am sorry you are blue.I hope you feel better and have a ncie weekend.

Anonymous said...

Huge hugs to you!! I am sorry you are blue....but you sure can tell a story. I love how you express yourself. Andrea sounds like a wonderful person......i can almost see her as you described her.
love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

LOL It seems that your kitchen's been torn apart ever since I've been reading you!  Hooray for the tiler.
Hope the weekend helps to cure your melancholy...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your not up to your best this week, you must have some wonderful memories of your sister which can help at times. The kitchen is in the final straight at last , and don't worry too much about the root canal least it'll be done.
take care
big hug
yasmin











Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about little Maddy I cannot imagine how her parents must be feeling ~ Pray God she is found safe and well ~ So sorry to hear about your sister Andrea ~ and yes I am sure she would have loved the internet ~ It is a terrible shock to be told your have Cancer ~ Hope your dental appointment goes well I have had a root canal done and it was absolutely painless ~ hope you have a good time with your friend and can help her with her computer ~ and get to feeling better yourself ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

its soo sad sbout the poor girl , idont blame her parents we all do things that could put our kids in danger at times and hindsight is a wonderful thing, i hope she is found safe and well,root canals dont hurt,its better than the pain of a toothache anyway, i quite liked it, am i sadistic, probaly!!Beckie,xx

Anonymous said...

My heart just aches for this poor couple who have lost their sweet little Maddy.  I have been praying that she will be found safe and sound, and like you I really pray that she was taken by someone really wanting a little girl and not a paedophile.    My mother is a breast cancer survivor.  23 years now and counting.  She had a total radical mastectomy and thankfully did not need radiation or chemo.  It makes me ever aware though of my own vulnerability to the disease and so I am ever vigilant.  My daughter works as a nurse in the Oncology Unit of Canada's largest children's hospital.   She says that thankfully the amount of children that actually succumb to this disease is relatively very small..but to me even one is one too many.  I really hope we can find a cure for this insidious disease that robs us all of our loved ones far too soon.
Take care,
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Still waiting on the tiler!  Your poor sister.  I do think of Kimberleigh and what she  is going through with such raw courage.  I remember Pierre and his taking hold of his job to get done of dying with lung cancer.  People do rally around and show great fortitude when they must face even the blow of death.  I felt sad today remembering my sister and hearing that her daughter, my niece, cried for a half an hour before she remembered it was Mother's day, and she was missing her!  So there are those remembering wth sorrow on Mother's day, and still waiting on that dreaded root canal.  When I had to have one, I was poor and couldn't pay for it, and had it pulled, but couldn't bite on that side anymore, so there are compansations for the pain.  My sister Linda went through hell with hers, but it finally settled down   And the lost little girl.  Dread.  So much in your entry today!   Gerry

Anonymous said...

MY mum has breast cancer, she has been more brave than anyone could have imagined.  Amazing where they get their strength from.  Poor maddie, makes me feel sick to think about what the porr parents are going through.  It's a rotten world sometimes, but I guess it does no good to dwell.  Hope you have had a bit of an uplift since writing this entry
hugs Lynbo x