Sunday 17 June 2007

oooh, oooh, Sunday, Sunday

Well this print looks gianormous!  I like it though bold and strong. 

I had to come home from work on Friday as I felt really queer (no smart comments, Gaz).  I spent the afternoon sleeping on the sofa and then went to bed and slept for hours.  I don't know why I felt so strange but I felt really dizzy.  I had some really weird dreams that were so vivid that I still remember them quite clearly and its unusual for me to remember my dreams.  Part of involved me seeing a band playing That will be the day in a park and then being helped across a really busy road (maybe acknowledging I am getting old eh) and then I was on a bus and had to get off when I saw the most wonderful building, all Chinese dragon waterfalls on it.  I know I have never seen this in real life and wonder if I ever will.  Anyway, all I am ok now and I must have had a funny bug.

Matthew has just come back from a sleep over at the London Dungeons.  I think it was for child relief.  He had a wonderful time and they were awake playing in there until about 1.30 a.m. this morning.  He did it with the Scouts ... he is always off doing something with them.  I think the people who run this are marvellous, they devote so much time to the children in the troop.  Next Friday he is off rafting with them, they have a swimming gala coming up too  ... it never stops.

I have had a quiet weekend really.  Yesterday after dropping Matthew off to go on his trip, Rosie and I went off in search of a kareoke machine for her.  We found a marvellous one with a little telly on it, so you can either see yourself sing or see the words of the tune come up.  Of course I have been able to resist having a go myself and have done a bit of leg shaking and sung All Shook Up.  I have been at my firm for 30 years at the end of next month and will get a small bonus, so it is her treat and I plan to get Matthew something nice too.

Martin surprised us by turning up this weekend.  It seems all is not well between him and Julia, his girlfriend.  Also, I think he is still indecisive about whether to stay up in Leeds or to come home and do a similar job nearby.  I am not going to pressurise him but I would like him home.  The kids miss him being here and so do we.  He surprised Matthew bygoing and picking him up this morning from his Scout trip.

I have a mountain of stuff do do here, the house is looking like the pits as I can't seem to summon up the energy.  I have sat out in the garden.  I've been reading a Linda La Plant book.  Its called Cold Blood.  Its marvellous and I can thoroughly recommend it, I just can't put it down.  I am almost at the end of it, then maybe I'll get myself in gear and get on with doing the tidying up and ironing. 

Paul and I are currently making the dinner between us, meatballs, mash and broccoli.  I make my own and they go down a treat here.  Its one of Martin's favourites ... ahhh.

I have been watching a lot of telly this week.  We have been enjoying watching Britain's Got Talent and have fought Paul away from the telly all week so we can watch it.  The Grand Final is tonight and we can't wait (except Paul).  Simon Cowell is one of the Judges and I wonder if they are showing this in America?  I am also enjoying Dr Who and last night's was a good one.  Big Brother is hotting up and I think the mix this year is very good.

Paul has just stuck his head in the door and said "all on my own then" ... have to go back to the kitchen now and do my duties.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Hugs, Terry x

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit of a busy wekeend. I haven't watched Britains got talent, but it's based on the American series, America's got talent. Simon Cowell is in that too. No surprise there then!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOu)))))))))))))))0000Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

oooooooooops,meant,have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Hope you've recevered from your funny turn. I get those very occasionally, can't make up my mind if it's hormonal, something I ate or nature's way of saying, rest up a bit.

Sorry to hear thing's aren't well with Martin and Julia but if its not right its best not to prolong the agony. As you say, no pressure from you, they have to make up their own minds but an ever open ear often helps.

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

I love your print.  I have trouble reading any smaller.  It feels like a strain.  I have a lovely karoke machine, too.  It sounds just like yours.  And I have lots of cds but can't get Doc sober enough to be a good karoke singer.  He just goofs off and aggravates me as he never wants to do it unless he is pretty drunk. And he is very musically talented, too!  Anyway,nice present  I am watching So you think you can dance now with Cat and Nigel who are English and I just love them.  I think this show emanated from England, too, and it is one of my favorites.  My dancing daughter's and mine.  Gerry  

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,  Lucky you, having a lazy weekend - the housework will always be there, your health comes first!
I've been watching Britain's Got Talent too and I'm not usually a television watcher.  I think Paul Potts is excellent, I really hope he wins.  Hope you're over your funny turn. ~~~ Pat  http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/

Anonymous said...

When you`re not feeling too good then you can have weird dreams! Britains got Talent is great I`m cathing up on journals while the big vote is being done who will win???? Housework can wait! Martin will come to the right decision about what he wants to do. Well done on 30yrs!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I had the same thing last week, i went all dizzy and hot and had to sit down , I felt sleepy but couldnt sleep due to the baby and my heart was racing.Then I was all better by the evening, strange.I love having dreams,I always remeber mine.Scouts sound good, you always think of it as a bunch of kids in a field with sticks but it sounds soo much better, Im glad Matthew had fun, id love to go to the dungeons!Anyway, have fun with your housework, bye!Beckiexx

Anonymous said...

Ah Terry, you do make me smile! My beloved Nan used to use that term (feeling queer) all the time.  I remember my Mum getting all annoyed when my Nan used to ring her job for her to say that she wasn't coming in today because "Sadie is feeling queer"!!!  We would roll around the floor laughing and Mum would get all annoyed and Nan would have no idea what for!  Ah...it bought back some fun memories!!  Anyway I hope you are feeling better now.  30 years at the same place!  Wow!!  That's amazing.  I thought my hubby was the only person still in the same job after so many years (he's been in the police force for 32 years).  Good on you!  Hope you enjoyed your weekend and am looking forward to the holiday stories.

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

i love meatballs......sounds like you are busy.....and the family is in and out and all about. What a dream....it is good to write down what the dream was after you have it because we tend to forget.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean by wishing they would come home, my son Daniel has been living in Scotland for almost a year now, he's home on Saturday for a week, it's his and his sisters birthday on Monday

take care

Kerry

Anonymous said...

Are you still enjoying Big Brother or has Charley done your head in yet?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

I think Big Brother is becoming interesting at last. Charlie is awful isn't she but she is still there....how? Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

Oh darn it I was going to watch got talent tonight and forgot.  Reading your journal just reminded me.  I am watching the British on So You Think You Can Dance?  I love that show.  I love Nigel and I love Cat.  Mary Murphy is a hoot, but she is not British.  I forgot where I left off reading your journal. If I comment twice never mind. Sometimes I forget to comment on certain items that have intrigued me.  Gerry