Sunday 1 July 2007

Evening all

 

Hello all.  I thought I'd add a picture or two here of my village pub and the river.  I think I may have put the river on before.  Last Saturday we had a riverside festival on during the day and evening all centred around the pub and river.  This was done mainly to raise funds for the local youth club, which has been running a few years now.  I only managed to get there very late in the evening and there was a fabulous group playing rock and everyone was dancing and the atmosphere was really good. 

Martin is still here, I am worried about how he is going to deal with his workplace but I think he is going back to Leeds on Tuesday to face the music.  He is still terribly upset about the break up with Julia.  He went out with some friends on Friday night and came home in tears on Saturday morning, I think everything is coming out now and maybe thats not a bad thing.  Its coming up to the anniversary of us losing Barbara, his mum, and things always seem worse at this time.

He has missed not only us but his friends as well and has been busy catching up with them all.  I am not sure when he is moving back but it could be this week.

Work has been ok this week.  I had a lovely evening out with the department when they booked the roof garden at a local pub for a barbeque.  Only trouble was the blimming roof garden was about 4 stories up and I kid you not when the last part was like climbing a very steep ladder.  I was worried that I'd break my neck getting down if I had too much to drink, looking down when I got to the top it was a straight drop down.  Anyway, after 2 glasses of wine I felt I had better get myself off home while I could.  I didn't even pop to the loo whilst I was there knowing that I could only make one journey down those stairs as I wouldn't find the courage to go up again.  God knows how some of my friends got down there when they finished.

I have been the laziest woman ever today.  I have only just got showered and changed into fresh pyamas!  At least I look a bit more human now.  I love doing thisbut always keep my fingers crossed that no-one pops into visit us!

I don't know if anyone is watching Big Brother but I am becoming very fed up with that Charley one and hope she gets voted out this week.  I try to sneak in watching it when I can get the plodder off Paul (e.g. when he falls asleep).

Just remembering from when we were young.  My mum was always thinking someone was at the door and making us go and answer it.  Often there was no-one there and mum would always say, "it must have been my imagination".  After another time of doing this my little brother, Peter, said "Mum, why is it every time I answer the door your imagination runs away", we all fell about laughing.  Hmm, doesn't seem so funny written down. 

Anyway, heres a picture from where I grew up.  I found this site where I really enjoying going back in time.  I spent many happy hours at this cinema (we called it the pictures) and I used to love singing, "We're all for one, we're one for all, we are the grenadiers" at Saturday morning pictures.  This was when it was still called the Empire, which was a bit before my time.

 

and then sadly, it was all knocked down when I was about 15.

Aww.  I used to prefer Edmonton in the old days really.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday, what is left of it.

Hugs, Terry x

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day.  I did get dressed and went off to church, but other wise have been taking it easy.  It's a lovely day and we might go for a walk a little later.  It's only 4:00 here so still have plenty of time.  Back to work tomorrow.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

You lazy lazy!!! nothing like a PJ day I luv them too!I used to go to the picture every Saturday too until they knocked it down as well! It`s a row of houses now lol! Martin will sort himself out and the tears...better out than in. take care.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Lol at the roof garden,Think I would have been like that OK going up ,then spend all night worrying about getting down again ,I hope Martin soon feels better about things ,The aniversary of losing your sister will be hard for you all ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I've only just showered myself and got into fresh pj's love spending my sundays like this. With luck Martin will be home this week, he'll feel better with family around him. The anniversary of losing your sister will be hard but your a strong familly. You wee brave at the bbq I don't even think i'd have braved the wine, lol
take care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

what is a plodder? I wish you had a pic of those steep steps. Sounds like you had fun at the BBQ. i like your pics you add.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!  Reminds me of our trip to Europe when I was younger.

Anonymous said...

Love the pixcs and the trip down memory lane.. our old cinema is the tescos now...
Hugs
Lyn


Anonymous said...

(((((((((((hUGstOYOu))))))))))))))Love the pics.I always love lookig at old pics.Have a Happy 4th of July.

Anonymous said...

our old cinema is a nightclub/coktail bar but there are 3 cinemas in Southampton now, I havnt been for ages, the last time I went i saw Titanic, it was very loud and I loved it.I love looking at old photos of Southampton too.Lovely river.I grew up by a river, i really miss it now, you really take it for granted.We never went on any holidays abroad but my best memories are searching in the woods with my parents and seeing all the wildlife.Beckiexx

Anonymous said...

Hi ya Tells - loved your entry - great one! I love the story about your mum saying it must have been her imagination - and it ran away! LOL thats good! Love Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

The river andyour pub looks fab! No floods there then.Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

Your roof garden sounds like New York to me.  I could not get over how everybody walked up to their apartments even when it was five stories!  I thought no wonder everybody on the streets of New York are thin.  Anyway I am glad you made it down those steep stairs in one piece by not getting tipsy! I did get a wonderful laugh out of the little brother story.  I have never heard that before.  Shows that kid was thinkin'.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Nice green colors in the photo of your riverside festival.  It's strange to think this was taken in England so far away, but a journal with photos like yours brings iit very close.  Thanks for giving me a more intimate feel for England than I ever had before, even though I read lots of books written by English and Irish writers especially.  I just finished a memoir by John Doyle who grew up in Ireland. He tells how greatly television expanded their world in the closed in Irish town he lived in.  He eventually went to Canada and became a TV critic.  So TV changed people's perceptions of foreign countries just like the Internet has.  It was funny to hear him talk about watching the same sitcoms I did, so avidly.  Dallas.  Have Gun, Will Travel, Bat Masterson.  His book is called A Great Feast of Light  It was nice to read someone who writes well celebrate the power of television instead of putting it down. Gerry

Anonymous said...

It's not just a case of kicking Charley out, you have to think about all the other shows she will crop up in afterwards. I hope she is a flash in the pan and the tabloids soon forget about her.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Hi Tells - gosh, that roof garden sounds a bit dangerous !  I'm watchin BB (i'm a BB addict!) yep, Charley gets on everyones nerves..... who does she think she is?  I like Brian, he is sooooo funny.
Luv Jaynee x