Saturday 3 February 2007

Brunettes have more fun!

Hey, yesterday a granny sat here typing with grey hair ... today a brunette bombshell has taken her place!  God, every time I look in the mirror I get a shock, its so dark.  I have been blonde (well ok, with quite a bit of grey) for quite a few years now and now I am a startling brunette.  Oh what a laugh it will be when I go into work on Monday and they see it, I am sure I will get quite a few comments.  It is also quite a bit shorter, so I have funked it up and feel like a real trendy chick.  I have even put some dangly earrings in and I am shaking my head around a bit so they are noticed.  I also put some blusher on and may get some new lippy for Monday, so I really stun them.  By the way, I had a lovely time at the hairdressers.  I was there for 2 and a half hours and felt so pampered and it felt wonderful having the time to do it.  I was shocked at how busy it was, every single station was full with ladies with various bits of foil in their hair and other wonderful contraptions around them.  I thoroughly enjoyed my head massage whilst my hair was being conditioned and it took a lot of tension out of my head with the toothache.  I was really tempted to ask to have my nails done.  I have never had them done in a salon before but was worried in case it hurt ... I don't think I could stand someone filing my nails or cutting them, I used to hate it so when my mum used to do it, so I will leave that until another time.

Paul liked the colour of my hair but I didn't like the way she had styled it, so up to the shower and a bit of fiddling and I was happy then.

Matthew noticed I had had my hair cut but I had to tell him today after a few hours that I had had it coloured too.  He hadn't even noticed, bless him.

I feel a lot better today, the tooth fairy is being kind today and giving me a break.  The constant throbbing seems to have stopped - is it really fair though to suffer so after a filling?  I must have been a bad woman in my life.

Martin is back from Leeds with the lovely Julia and we are going out to Homebase as he has a 20pct off voucher so I must go and buy something there!  We are then going bowling, so sod the housework today.  I haven't got to work tomorrow, which feels a luxury after doing the last three Sundays on the trot, so I intend a bit of a lay in and then I will take up duty with my trustee iron again.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone.

Hugs.  Terry x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't a new hairstyle give you a lift? I had my highlights done and a cut  yesterday, which was more than I asked him to take of, although it's still slightly longer than my summer cut and I'm really pleased with it. But what is it with hairdressers, they never style it right? I always have to come home and do some blow drying.

Enjoy your weekend at home.

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))It is sure nce to get your hair done,having a nice massagee.Maybe I will get one done soon.I would love to see pics.It is nice getting something done diffrent and going into work and having everyone look at you and say.Wow.You look good.Have a nice Sat.

Anonymous said...

Oh a new image ,pity we didnt get some before and after pictures ,I hope the tooth has settled down now...lets know what they have to say at work lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

A new hairstyle is a great booster and why not go the whole hog next time and have the nails done!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I wanna see a pic..sounds groovy...
lyn

Anonymous said...

make sure you havnt got an infection under your filling, get an anti bacterial mouthwash, i got one under my filling and i had to have it drilled out and got left with a tooth with a great big hole in it.Beckie.x

Anonymous said...

Having your hasir done is the best therapy, also have a go at having your nails done It's amazing how pretty your hands look go on treat yourself

yasmin

Anonymous said...

Wooooo look at you sexy ;o)
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,Just a thank you for answering my now and then journals..Like you I've been a sort of blonde? now , I get a mood in my head ,and go between blonde and brunette..Each time I change my colour,I feel like a new woman..If I I look like one is an other matter nobody notices now,tempted to get myself a bright blue wig
Take care..Kate

Anonymous said...

OK, so where are our pictures of this Brunette Bombshell???? Glad you had some time to relax and spoil yourself.  There is nothing quite as good as a hairdressing pick-me-up is there!

Enjoy your week.

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am glad to hear you went to the hair dresser's for a session to cheer you up from the painful aftermath to going to the dentist.  I always feels so up when I get my hair cut and styled.  I have got a very fast Korean lady now I just love.  You must take a photo of you in your new color.  I love to see photos of the latest update in fashion.  Glad you are getting your computer too.  Well, things will get sorted out eventually so you can write again!   Gerry

Anonymous said...

The new you sounds great...a visit to the hairdressers is a great boost to the morale isn't it! Anything that makes you feel good about yourself is a bonus! Love Conniexx

Anonymous said...

I know I'll need to get mine colored sometime, too.  I've never done anything to my hair previously, more than add some lemon juice and sit in the sun.  I'm glad you like yours:)   I'm still just not ready.........  lol.   -- Robin