Saturday 10 February 2007

Teeth

This week has been rotten, mainly teeth problems!

First of all, everyone did like my hair and I have really enjoyed doing it in the mornings, a quick flick with the hairdrier and a bit of wax and it looks really funky.  I will take a photo but as you will read soon, I look like a chipmunk, so the photo will have to wait a little until normal services are resumed on the face front.

As you know, I have been suffering with my teeth over the last month or so.  I just couldn't stand it any more by Monday, so called the dentist and brought my appointment forward.  Well, I thought I was in pain before but it was doubled after my two teeth extraction.  I think where one tooth was particularly infected it made the extraction even more difficult.  I ended up having 5 injections.  The other tooth wasn't too bad as I had root canal work on it previously.  I could hardly feel my tongue and could hardly talk when I got out the chair.  The dentist gave me a little sheet with instructions on what to do after the extraction and it had some small cotton plugs attached in an envelope to use if it kept on bleeding.  Well, I was in such a state that I think I left the sheet there.  I came out all of a wobble and felt like an old, old lady.

Paul came and met me and told me that Billy had bitten Matthew on the nose.  Matthew has special needs and has been told again and again not to tease him but he will not stop.  Whilst I was out he thought it would be fun to goad Billy by pinching his ear to see if his lip would go up as apparently he likes to see him do that, can you believe.  He is always trying to tease the dog and I have told him over and over to leave him alone.  So, I staggered in to see Matthew's nose very badly bitten.  At first he was upstairs and wouldn't come down and show me, he had even asked Paul not to tell me.  I phoned the doctors and they said his tetanus injections were up to date and that savlon was the best thing to put on his nose.  I felt so unwell and so shocked by the state of poor Matthew's nose that I lay on the settee for a while, trying to stop the pain and the bleeding of my teeth whilst I got my equilibrium back.  When I asked him to look again, I noticed his mouth had been bitten as well, the dog had got him good.  So, off I took him to the hospital as I was worried about the infection near his mouth.  They thought Iwas the patient as I was bleeding from my mouth.  Luckily he didn't need stitches, they used some steri strips and gave him some antibiotics.   I think he felt better after being seen but has learned a hard lesson.  What a terrible day it was.  Even Rosie was crying because she was so upset with Matthew's nose and me and my teeth!

I managed to get myself into work yesterday.  I had to go in because I am off on Monday with the children and had to get the overtimes into salaries as that is part of my job.  I stayed until 7.30 and was really glad to get home and was in bed by 10.  I have got up today and had to take another painkiller but my face doesn't seem quite a swollen.  Its wierd as its hurting more up the top where I had no teeth out than on the bottom, its probably nerves all jangling.

We are still busy here getting ready for the kitchen and my new freezer will arrive on Tuesday.  I got the best deal from Boots on line would you believe?  It worked out cheapest and I get advantage points, so that helps with the delivery charge.  Its arriving a bit too soon but at least we can test it out but we'll have to have it in the living room because its bigger than the one I have at the moment and there is no space in the kitchen to fit it yet. 

Last weekend I had a great time buying some new things for when the kitchen is done.  Its really sad but my favourite thing is my fushia coloured strainer.  Hmmm, I could always wear it on my head to detract attention away from my face at the moment.

I hope you all have a great weekened.

Hugs, Terry x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wee shame Terry, you`ve been through the mill! I`m sure Matthew won`t tease the dog again and I hope your mouth has calmed down a bit today.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

blimy, that sounds like an eventful week! maybe too eventful!
hope things calm down and next week is a bit more serene
lucy x

Anonymous said...

You have had problems !  Hope you are feeling better soon.  The teeth and the kitchen will be great when everything is finished.  The in between part is the hardest.  Take good care !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I am so scared of the dentist and I really feel for you. I need to go and have something done as my teeth are awful but I am so scared and keep putting it off....as long as I have no pain I leave well alone! Love Conniexx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))I am glad you finally went to the dentist.I dont like the dentist at all myself.Belive me.lol.I hope your feeling much better.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh I bet you are glad that week is over ,poor you ,and I  moan and groan when I get my teeth cleaned ,you must have gone through hell ,and then to come home to more family drama ,I do hope every thing is OK now ,,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes!  And I think I have troubles!  But then, I don't have any painkillers.  Enjoy them for me!
MJ

Anonymous said...

Nothing is worse than tooth ache I had an abcess back in October, then with the kids and everything hopefully things will settle down soon and you can enjoy Monday. Take Care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Hi Tells - you poor girlie, come here and let me give you a big (((((( HUG )))))), what an awful time you've had of it ........Lets hope Matthew has learnt his lesson, bet the dog feels awful too......and as for taking painkillers, take some gin too.....you deserve to get high!!!!!    Fushia coloured strainer sounds jus fab..... i want one !!! lol.......
Look after youself .... get Paul to give you a nice massage ;o)
Luv Jaynee x

Anonymous said...

That was the Week that was!
Andy
http://journals.aol.co.uk/andrewfrnd/life

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the dog bite was not serious.  Dante, my grandson spent a week inthe hospital with a dog bite.  A surgeon had to work on him for several hours but he did a wonderful job.  He never had any complications.  But they can be so serious.  I hope the boy has learned his lesson and will not mess with the dog again.  I hope the dog does not turn too vicious.   Gerry
http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow/men/

Anonymous said...

Wow, Terry, you've been through a lot.   Maybe you can get a backup at work for those times when people need to get paid but you cannot be there (even if nice of you to be responsible).   How is Matthew doing today?   Stitches in the face and mouth done well can look like nothing later in life, especially if done on a child (who is still growing).   But, thankfully, it wasn't that bad.   Ahh, do hope your mouth feels better soon, too:)   Got your link from Guido from the lovely chat last evening.   May today be an improvement!   -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh Terri!  Did you run over a chinaman or something???lol...  What a run of bad luck!  Hope you are feeling better soon and that Matthew's nose heals.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how many times you tell kids(even those with special needs), they have to find out for themselves....the hard way!  

Hope you get some good karma delivered soon!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz