Saturday 17 February 2007

I love Saturdays

I was going to post earlier but all me buttons were gone!  I had my glasses on and still couldn't seem them.  Anyway, they have reappeared now, how strange.

I hope everyone has had a good week.   Jim's son, Kevin, has been very poorly but things seem to be going better now for him http://journals.aol.co.uk/halliday0957/nosundays/ so that is a relief.  Jim writes a lovely journal and is worth a visit.

I am so happy to tell you that the tooth fairy is now being kinder to me.  The pain where I had my extractions eased off by this Thursday and apart from still having a slightly numb lip, all in my mouth is feeling a lot more cheery.  I am due to go back again next Saturday (am I mad??) for another filling I need, so will have to go but hope the days of suffering are over.

It has been a good week for me because I didn't work Monday or Friday because the children are on half term.  Shame is that I have to go into work tomorrow as I am so far behind but it will be good to do it without the phones going constantly and other interruptions.  I hope to get up early and get in by 9am, hmmm best laid plans! 

We went to the orthodontist yesterday for both Matthew and Rosie.  Matthew has been going for about 4 years now because he had overcrowding and his teeth were getting very goofy at the front.  He has a set of nashers to be proud of now and is wearing retainers for a few more months.  Rosie is right at the start.  As you know, she got turned down for treatment under the NHS - would you believe for 1mm difference to her twisted front tooth.  Anyway, her teeth shouldn't take too long to sort out (approx 2 years of treatment) and we start in earnest with a tooth having to be taken out (oh my poor child) and then three appointments next month.  Maybe it is moving faster because we are having to pay for it *£1400!!!!  Matthew's appointments were far further apart.  Anyway, she is fed up with her front tooth and says it makes cleaning her teeth and eating difficult, so it will be done.  She has a strange thing on her bottom jaw.  A tooth which is trying to grow out sidewards.  They are leaving well alone, although it could be operated on but it could cause paralysis of her lips.  I wonder if they have paralysed my lip with those extractions last week, it feels pretty strange and its almost in the same position as Rosie's funny tooth.  Time will tell.

Matthew's nose is healing well and his lesson has been learnt.  He is keeping well away from Billy!  Actually, we have had a good holiday with Matthew and I hope when he goes back to school he will remember to behave there too.

We went to the pictures with some friends yesterday and saw the new Hugh Grant film.  I can't say I was terribly impressed, in fact I fell asleep and Rosie was in fits of giggles as she nudged me and woke me up.

Today we went looking at washing machines and tumble driers again.  I wanted to make sure I had the correct model numbers as they all look the same online.  I saved over £100 getting my freezer online, it makes you think doesn't it.  I have also noticed that prices vary from week to week on the websites.  We ended up wandering into Argos and I bought a new kettle which lights up when its on standby and boiling.  Paul was not impressed but I keep turning the light off in the kitchen and admiring it ....

The kitchen is looking like a bombsite.  We are getting ready for the men!!  I have had many a happy time out there skewering off tiles and Paul has taken a few cupboards off the wall.  We have about 4 weeks to go before we have to have it gutted but we are going well and hope to have one half empty by next weekend.  I have also hit on a good idea for when I am without the kitchen.  I will bring home meals from my works canteen.  Ha!!  They are cheaper than takeaways and cooked by top chefs.   Blimey, why am I bothering with a new kitchen, I could just do that all the time!

Thought I'd just mention that I got a great book from the charity shop this week, which I can't wait to start.  Its called Joe's War My Father Decorded by a woman called Annette Kobak.  Joe's War is a mesmerising and dramatic account of a daughter's search for her father's secret life, during and after the Second World War.  For Annette Kobak there was always something mysterious about her father, Joe, something dark.  For forty-five years the reasons for his silence were left unspoken.  His story, she discovered was remarkable.  Born in Czechoslovakia, he escaped aged 19, from German-occupied Poland in the spring of 1940 and joined the Polish army in France, ending up intercepting Morse Code in a top-secretunit in London.  I think its a true story and can't wait to get my teeth into it (hmm, not literally you know).  I pick up some wonderful books in the charity shops round here, when I go in them its like being a kid in a sweet shop!  I'll give a review on this one, when I have finished it.

Anyway, off I go for now.  Hugs to everyone.

Terry x

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG £1400!! so much money..you will soon have the kitchen of your dreams if all goes to plan! good news about your mouth have a good Sunday.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Like you I have been worrying about Jims Kevin ,so pleased your teeth have calmed down now ,you still have a way to go with Rosies teeth though havent you ?,wow you are getting on with the kitchen ,wont it be lovely when its done ,you should be taking before pics, ready for the after ones ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tells...... glad to hear your toothy pegs are feeling better - i still think you are a very brave soldier :o)     Work on a Sunday !!!!!    luvin the sound of your kettle.... and can jus imagine the look of Paul's face as you stand in the dark admiring the glow of your new kettle ....lololololol...... you are so funny !
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))Glad your feeling better and hohttp://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy/pe it doent give you anymore pain.They didnt give you any pain meds?They give me Vicdone,it upsets my tummy.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

So glad your mouth is better and hope your feeling comes back in that lip.  That would be an odd feeling.  I love finding bargains in the 2nd hand shops.  Books are at the top of the list and someone's discards of designer clothing comes next.  I've found some with the tags still on never worn. I would love to have canteen like you do at workand would definitely make use of it.  I don't like cooking for 1 .  Your kitchen is going to be so nice when finished.  I hope you can take some before and after pictures to post for us.  Don't work too hard tomorrow.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Hiya Terry.. I like the sound of the kettle..we women like things like that.. have a blessed Sunday....
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

£1400 dentistry is obviously the job to be in, as foor falling asleep whilst watching Hugh Grant shame on you  Lol Hopefully the men will have the kitchen up and running soon your right about the web sites they change very quickly that some times the shops are not always aware of the price changes. glad your feeling better tootache is the pits.

hugs

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

What a lot to have to pay for teeth...that is extortionate! I agree Hugh's new film is a bit light weight easy to snooze to! That book sounds good! Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry, thanks for visiting my journal and leaving your comments!  I have you on alerts now so will be back!!  Enjoy the rest of your week!

Millie :)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/millieukgirl/milliesmessings/

Anonymous said...

Im glad your tooths better hun i do sympathise it can drive you up the wall take care zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

I had a brace for two years and I am in my forties! I loved the bit about your light up kettle, it made me realy chuckle.
Keep well, G

Anonymous said...

Your book sounds good let us know what happening in it!
luv bella xx