Friday 2 February 2007

My blimming computer

I am back on line (goodness knows whether its temporarily or not) as the engineer came today and my graphic card is kaput but luckily I have a separate graphics card and they have switched a switch so I can use it.  I have to wait for delivery of a new one, so may go bang again at any moment!  I am ploughing through the alerts, so hopefully you'll be reading my comments - I think I have over 150!

I have still been really busy at work, although I have today off because the computer engineer came.  I worked Sunday (which was the third in a row) and then every night, except Monday, I have not got home until 8.30 pm, so feeling rather tired.

The tooth fairy is not being kind to me either.  On Saturday I presented myself back at the dentist for the further excavations to my gob!  After 30 minutes of drilling etc., I emerged with two new fillings and looking like Elvis when I talked as one injection was top right and the other one was bottom front.  The kids screamed with laughter when I got home and kept making me sing Elvis songs!  Needless to say, I have been in pain with the top right since it has been done and will have to wait until next week when my dentist gets back to our local surgery for her to look at it.  I think I have got myself a nice infection or it may be that she has jangled the nerves and it is taking time settling down again.  So much for trying to sort things out in my mouth, I never had any pain from this tooth before she filled it.  Anyway, I have to have 2 teeth out still and one more filling, god help me!  This is why I am a shivering wreck when I go to the dentist, I always end up in more pain than I started with.

Also, more on the kitchen front.  I have some taps on my table!  They are the first item purchased for the new kitchen.  Paul got them from his shop and I am trying to be excited about them, although its hard to get excited about a pair of taps, although they are rather elegant.  I would have liked some with little gadgets on, say a little thing I could pull out and spray dishes with etc., etc., but Mr Enthusiastic tells me that there is more to go wrong!  Perhaps it will more thrilling when the new units get delivered on 19th March and the job begins. 

The car is playing up too!  A little light has come on and its something to do with emissions.  We phoned our garage and a man has to come with adiagnostic thingy on Wednesday, so they can tell what is wrong before they do it .... I have got to win the lottery and soon.

We have booked a holiday up with Pontins for August.  I got a call from them the other day with a special offer and so decided that we would go again.  We'll just use it as a base and travel about from them to various places like Great Yarmouth etc.  My lovely sister, Chris, is coming too, hooray!  She is great company and I know we'll have a great time together.  Rosie is really excited that we are going back to Pontins and has been practising songs to sing for the talent competition, so everyone is very happy we are going back.

Rosie is getting on better with her "friends" although its sad to know that all most of them do is bitch about each other.  I have told her that its not a good way to be and that she should avoid being led into situations where she is asked to comment about others.  Perhaps a girls only school was not a good idea.  Meanwhile though she seems to be getting ok with her lessons apart from her homework, which we have now sorted out.  Basically, she wasn't doing what she should have been doing and because I am out at work until at least 6.30 each evening, I thought she had been doing properly ..... hmmmmm.  She is now going upstairs away from the lure of the tv and all those wonderful programmes, she loves until it is done.  She has learned a lesson.  Anyway, its all ok now and its a shame that she got herself into a state about it, I hate it when she gets sad and worried but am glad that she was able to talk to me about it and I am now checking it all every night.

Matthew has been cheeky at school and has a little book now he has to bring home and show me regarding his behaviour.  As you know he goes to a special school for children with moderate learning difficulties.  He doesn't get any homework at all!  He is nearly 14 and very hormonal but it is out of character for him to be cheeky at school.  He actually said no to a teacher when she told him that he had to stay in the classroom at break because he had been calling out in the lesson and had been disruptive!  We had a big talk about it and I think he realises now that it is not acceptable.

They are both missing Martin but tonight the prodigal nephew is coming back to spend the weekend with us.  We have really felt his absence here, especially when the dustbins have to go out!  Seriously though, I wish he had got a job nearer to home than Leeds, it seems so far away from us.  With all the hectic weekends we have had here, there is not enough time in the day to make plans to visit him.  Anyway, hopefully it will be a special time for Matthew and Rosie having their brother home this weekend. 

As I have a bit of time, I have phoned the hairdressers and I am hoping that all the grey is going to go away by this afternoon!  I have been colouring it myself but the last couple of times it hasn't been that great and I notice quite a bit of grey at the back, oooooooh!  I think the pampering will do me good.  

I'll try and put some more of mummy's memoirs on soon.

Ok, I have rambled on a bit here but its nice to have had the chance without this computer just crashing on me!  I hope all of you are ok and hope to catch up with all the alerts soon.

Hugs to all

Terry x

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad everything worked out in the end with Rosie, girls can be really evil, thats why most of my friends were boys at school.I never got bullied at school but I remember the feeling of dread you get on a sunday evening, horrible.Beckie.xx

Anonymous said...

Two words in this entry i haven't heard in ages...Blimming and Pontins!!! LOL... I hope Murphy leaves you alone..computer and car trouble..yikes.. have a good weekend..exciting about the kitchen..i have pics in my journal if you wanna see how mine turned out.....
hugs
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Nice to read your blog again. I have missed you! Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))glad to see you back.I know from excerpience about going to the dentist,I dred every munite of it.But,I guess its a good thing I have a good dentist.Did they give you anything for pain?I hope so.I had to have alll of my bottom teeth pulled out.6 teeth all together in same day.lol.Hope you feeling better soon.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I missed your entrys Terry ,so sorry you are in more pain since you went to the dentist I hope it has calmed down now ,gosh its all been happening now your car has joined in ,arent you lucky having some new taps lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The DENTIST what can I say the PITTS!! I feel for you tonight and it`s so true you end up feeling worse!! Hope your better soon.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

OK, a couple of questions from your American friend who doesn't know proper English!  LOL  What are taps?  (I'm going to guess, though, that because it's a kitchen thing it might have to do with the sink?)

And what does "cheeky" mean?

You know, it's funny.  I was born and raised a Yankee (Baltimore, MD), but when I moved to Nashville, TN, I had to learn new words, too!  Now I'm back in the north confusing everyone one with my Southern Slang.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on line Terry! I hope your run of bad luck ends really soon and some good fortune starts raining down on you!  God knows you deserve it!!  Can't wait to see pics of the new kitchen.  Glad the kids are going ok in school too...despite the occasional hiccup!!!  
Enjoy your little escape to the hairdressers - that always makes me feel good!!

Hugs

Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry ...... what a fab entry, you are sooooo funny then i read some of the comments left on your blog and couldn't but laugh at your American readers with their questions of ' what are taps?'  and what is 'cheeky' ?    how funny ...... but bit concerned about all these hours you are working ..... look after yourself girl.
Luv Jayne x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl