Sunday 18 March 2007

Chuckle Brothers

Ok, yawn, yawn, heres some pictures of the kitchen ... they are coming tomorrow with my units, so that should be interesting.  First one is of my new floor, didn't get my camera charged to show before and after!  At the moment the walls are just yucky with everything off and showing the damage from my washing machine leakages over the years and everything has been stripped off the walls, including very sticky wallpaper which was on one wall and the ceiling.  I am really pleased with the floor and don't feel so depressed about it all now.  I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel.   I'll post some more pictures when the units are installed.

Well, we have had a lovely weekend so far.  Yesterday we dashed about everywhere.  I took Matthew out for yet more shoes (football damaged yet again!) and some more new clothes.  He is growing so tall and the inches seem to add every week.  At 5pm I had tickets to take them to see the Chuckle Brothers at our local theatre.  He is one of their biggest fans and I kept it as a complete surprise from him.  I told him we were going there to pick up some tickets for a friend.  As per usual, I spent too long shopping and it ended up in a sprint after parking the car to get to the theatre in time.  His face was wonderful when he realised he was going to see his idols!  I thoroughly enjoyed the boys .. got a bit worried when they ran around with shaving foam on plates and stopped just next to me though but luckily the man behind got it in his face!  We got soaked as they kept throwing water over us but it was good, old fashioned slapstick and family fun.  We came out of the theatre feeling full of good cheer along with posters and hats!  When the little darlings eventually wake up, I'll take a picture of Matthew with his hat.

This week has been quite busy and very disorganised.  We can't find anything as the children keep moving the food stuff around and the poor cat had dog food one night for his dinner.  The cat is loving the new washing machine, which is in the living room (plus the tumble drier and freezer .... oooooh)  - its his new bed as he loves to lie on it.  Hopefully, his new bed will be installed in its rightful position in the next few days. 

I have been thinking of Jeanette this week, especially on Friday when she had her operation.  I hope all went well for her.  It takes me back to when my sisters went through their operations and all the stress and worry we had then. The drugs they have now are even better and I am impressed how quickly Jeanette has been seen and how quickly action has been taken.

A terrible thing happened this week.  One of my friends at work lost her little nephew aged only 18 months after he fell out of a third floor window whilst on holiday in Morocco visiting family.  Apparently his mother didn't even realise until she heard screaming outside.  Its so awful, what a terrible tragedy.  How do you carry on after that.  Apparently, his mother and father were admitted to hospital as they were so agitated and inconsolable.  Please say a prayer for them. 

Events like this make me contemplate life.  My thought for the day is make the most of every moment, as it will never come again. 

I do wish every one a happy mother's day ... not you Gaz or Jim! 

Hugs

Terry x 

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cats tend to make themselves at home anywhere too, glad to see the kitchen is comming along. Did'nt know you where a secret chuckle brothers fan lol.
awful thing to have happend i'll say a little prayer, happy mothers day

hugs

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

And a very Happy M,others day to you too dear ,I love the chuckle brothers ,as you say good old fashioned fun ,and for taking your son I bet you are the bestest Mum lol ,so pleased the kitchen is beginning to happen,loved the pics ,How devastating for that poor family ,my heart goes out to them,have a lovely day ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother Day to you to! Can`t believe it your floor is the same as mine SPOOKY can`t wait to see the units....Great too that you and the kids had a good time at the show, your just a big kid at heart! Jeanette is out of hospital already they seemed so pleased at how she was doing, and I feel so sad for your friend and her family what a terrible thing to happen.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

I do love your new kitchen floor and will look forward to updates as you add them. Your mention of new shoes and growing boys brought a smile this morning as I thought back to my 2nd youngest son, he didn't stop growing until he was in college at about the age of 21 . Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day and yes, I will pray for your friends.  We all should celebrate each day we are given.
'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Happy Mums Day,hope it was a nce one.I will say a prayer for your friends,that is so sad.Yes,it makes you think about life.Its werid thoe,its not Mothers Day here yet,Mothers Day is on my Bday,but doesnt always follow like that.Have a nice day/week ahead.

Anonymous said...

I was chuckling along untill I got to the story of your friends nephew at work......... How sad, the parents must be devastated.
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Ohh how sad about the little fella.  :-(  His poor parents must be totally devestated.  I can imagine how inconsolable they must be....They have my prayers.
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

Oh that must be awful how do you cope with such a tragedy.  Cant wait to see the next instalment of your kitchen!! Love Laine xxx

Anonymous said...

I remember when Jeannette was publishing photos of her remodeling job.  Her daughter can certainly write well, too.  I thought she did a very good job of reporting on her mom's operation.  I am so glad you decided to write again.  I guess the remodeling job has kept you preoccupied as they re sometimes wont to do.  My mother's second hsuband called her the remodeling queen!   But I don't seem to have that in my blood. I was so so sorry to hear about your friends' loss of their child on a trip no less.  I remember my cousin who had been ill got out because he was feeling nauseous on a trip, and he fell over the side of an abyss leaving 9 children fatherless!  Gerry
http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

Anonymous said...

oh that is just so awful about your friends nephew...can't even begin to imagine..thanks for sharing pics..can't wait to see it all done..
Lyn


Anonymous said...

How awful, something awful happened to my friend too, her cousin is a carer and one of her friends went into a flat for a domestic visit and the persons boyfriend was a convicted rapist and he murdered both of them!And all she would of got for half an hours work was 3 quid.How awful is that!Its all over the news here in southampton.Maybe youve heard it too.Beckie,xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tells - what awful news for your friend and her husband, my thoughts are with them.    Glad Matthew had a good time at the theatre, what a fabulous Mummy your are :o)     Kitchen floor is lookin fab...... bet you can't wait to see the rest !
Luv Jaynee x