Tuesday 27 March 2007

Tooth fairy visit

Evening all. 

As usual I have had quite a busy week.  I got my new specs on Saturday and am really pleased with them.  I got some last year from specsavers and the prescription was never right, so I went back to Boots and can now see quite a bit better!   Not many people have noticed that I have new specs because they are very similar to my old ones except these ones have brown frames.  I also have some snazzy prescription sunglasses with diamonds on ... I knew I was really a princess.  When I picked them up on Saturday it was busy in the shop and a young boy was working there, well there was no way I was letting him adjust my glasses so I took them without them being fitted properly.  The sunglasses are fine but I have found things were looking a bit wonky, I think because the vari focal part was sitting correctly.  It was really weird as everything looked like it was leaning down towards the right.  Anyway, I managed to get back to Boots today and I am back on the straight and narrow.  I can't believe how much more I can see with these and I knew last year when I got my specs from Specsavers they were not right but they just wouldn't accept it.  One of my lenses was far to strong and that is why I was having problems.  Argghhh.

Oh woe is me, I have been suffering tooth ache again when the temporary filling I had earlier this year (the tooth that drove me to the tooth fairy in the first place) decided to start to fall out.  I managed to get an appointment with the dentist for this afternoon and touch wood, the twinges and twangs have disappeared.  She put a bit more filling in and did no drilling, what a relief.  Its a tooth that will have to have root canal work on and I am dreading it. I couldn't get out of the chair quickly enough after she put a bit more filling in to it today.  I hope this bit of filling lasts me for a long time.

The kitchen is going well but we found out tonight that the worktop won't be fitted until Monday .... another weekend of washing up in the blimming bath.  Oh well, I will really appreciate hot water in the kitchen and to be able to cook in there instead of using the microwave.  It has been a long 3 weeks .... We are missing a few cupboard doors as the fittingswere the wrong way round but apparently all will be delivered and fitted as soon as the worktop is on.  If we had had normal worktops we could be up and running by now ... I blame Mr Enthusiastic!

We had a great time on Saturday.  Rosie was 12.  Martin and his girlfriend were here and we went to TGI Fridays.  I really enjoyed it this time although I think it is really overpriced.  I really like their strawberry milkshakes.  The service was wonderful and the atmosphere was good, loads of kids running round with their balloons and everyone was very happy.  After that we went to see the new Mr Bean film.  It was ok but not as funny as I had hoped although some parts did make me laugh out loud.  I didn't fall asleep though, which makes a change for me.  The kids really enjoyed it but I have a feeling this will be the last Mr Bean film.

I have booked a couple of days off with the children whilst they are on holidays.  I can't believe Easter is here so quickly.  I used to be an organiser for a German school who visited London every year just before Easter and I only stopped doing it a couple of years ago.  Its such a relief not be involved in the stress of that any more.  I hope the trip goes well though for all the children as they really enjoy it.  They are all placed 2 or 3 in families, so they have company at all times if they feel a bit unsure or homesick.  You wouldn't believe the times I had to make about 30-40 calls around when the coach was going to be in late or there were any delays.  Yes, I will not be persuaded again.  I wanted to stop when the children first came to live with me but it took me a couple of years to find someone to take it over from me and I was on a real guilt trip even then as I felt I was letting the school down by giving it up but quite honestly working fulltime and looking after the kids and then doing all that was really getting me down.

Oh well, off to bed now and hoping for a good sleep with no tooth ache!

Hugs to all.

Terry

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN SEE!!! It's a miracle...lol!  Feels a bit that way when you get new glasses doesn't it! And you made me laugh about the 12 year old salesboy... I have exactly the same problem here... they are all so young! Glad things are coming along with the new kitchen - it will look fabulous when its all done! Well worth the wait! Happy belated b/day to Rosie too!
Have a great week!

Hugs
Wendy in Oz

Anonymous said...

I hope you and the tooth fairy make out well.  Those toothaches are the worst thing.  New glasses that work are wonderful.  I sometimes think I need new ones, but when my eyes aren't tired the old ones really do work ok.  I love the idea of having snazzy sunglasses, I'll have to go for that one next time.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))I hope your tooth doesnt bother you anymore.I know how it feels to have a bad tooth ache,my dad has one now and He needs to go to the dentist.I dreaded going to the dentist.I am glad Rosie had a good Bday.Have a nie night.

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than a toothache!  Wouldn't it be wonderful if the toothfairy still came to adults?  I wonder what he'd leave us.  The mind boggles!  I have a problem with falling asleep in the movies as well.  I don't know what it is, but I really struggle to stay awake through the first quarter of every movie we go to see.  
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

if the tooth fairy came to me i would be very rich indeed.I fall asleep during films too, even if im enjoying it i nod off!My mum got glasses form specsavers and the frames are too big and wonky they keep faling off her face, she goes back and they tighten a few screws and thats it, shes not one to complain though, bless her.
Happy easter!Dont eat too many eggs.I will.xxbeckiexx

Anonymous said...

So pleased you are now happy with your new specs ,I was once wrongly prescribed its awful isnt it ? havent been to the flicks for years ,I do hope your kitchen is up and running soon ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Toothaches are just horrid and i sure hope yours does not come back! I hate dentists too..scared of those men. I have never met a female dentist.
I cant wait to see your kitchen when it is all done. I like TGIFridays too, we never go there though. Congrats on the new glasses!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm known for falling asleep anywhere and everywhere. Mike couldn't believe I slept through a Panto this year. 'Oh no she didn't. Oh yes she did!!!'

Hope your teeth are sorted soon. Toothache is a pain in the bum. LOL.

Linda x.

Anonymous said...

Yeah must have been a good film then - a film has to be really good to keep me awake too - I cant even remember the last film I saw that was that good! LOL Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

I see you are still battling painful tooth.  I have never had a prrescription filled for glasses that was off.  That's odd.  I wonder how that happened.  And yes, we can become overloaded with jobs.  Keep your resolve up to stick to your limits.  When ill, if I did not stick to my limits I would pay with a near death experience.  That can teach you fast to say no.  Please God, let me live and I won't do a thing.  The ones who can't say no are the ones who are being run to theire deaths.  Bye now   Gerry

Anonymous said...

Your glasses sound good and it is a joy to be able to see again clearly isn't it. Sorry your toothache is back! Hope you were able to sleep! Love Conniex

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your new glasses and you can see well with them ~ I hope that toothache has gone now there is nothing worse ~ Happy belated birthday to Rosie hope she had a good day ~ and I hope you managed to get a good nights sleep ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Oh your teeth are still giving you hell!!! I feel the pain! glad you all had a good time at TGI`s, don`t forget to show the kitchen when its completed.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Hiya Tells - poor you and your toothy pegs........ hope all is settled and you feel better now, and as for them snazzy specs...... always knew you were a princess :o)
Luv Jaynee xx

Anonymous said...

What is it with Spring and teeth? Everyone I know is having problems, inc me, but mine are sorted now. It's like they have been in hibernation all this time!
Have a great Easter.
Gaz