Saturday 10 March 2007

The Dump

I am just wondering where the heck the last 30 years have gone?  It only seems yesterday that I was getting ready to marry Paul and I was 21.  The time has flashed by and I just can't believe how quickly.  He has turned into his father and me into my mother!  Good job I liked his dad, eh?

We had a great day together in the kitchen!  It should be completely gutted by tomorrow when the sink finally goes, oooooh.  I have builder type cuts on my arms and old lady aches in my shoulders and back from getting it all out but it was a good day off and we managed to achieve a lot.  Matthew was a great help when he got home from school, he absolutely loved taking the screws out of the cabinets and flattening them.  Then we managed two trips up the dump (on the second one getting perilously close to the time of the dump closing, which made it a very exciting drive. having to be careful and not brake too hard with all the load of wood behind us).

I really do like it up the dump.  Its very orderly.  Lots of great big containers all clearly marked with what they are for with steps leading up.  Its interesting to see all the things people get rid of too.  Lots of tellys and computer screens in a pile, children's bikes tidily stacked together and bits and bobs of furniture, some quite nice.  Maybe the dump men sell those things on to people rather than just crushing them.  Also they have containers up there for plastic bottles, black bags, bottles, cans etc.  I really must get greener and start sorting my stuff out more.  I do separate the newspapers but that is all I do.  After my visit, I think I will return with all my sorted stuff more regularly.  I am really sad but I think I wouldn't mind sitting up there and just watching for an hour or so with a coffee to see what other people are bringing there.  Just imagine, all that has been going on up there without my knowing.  Theres an idea, perhaps a coffee shop franchise to be set up at dumps, I think it would go down a storm.

I got up early today.  Billy started coughing which stopped by the time I had got up and full awake.  So, off we went for his morning constitutional and he is now asleep and I am raring to go!  Its lovely when I take him for his walk on a day like today.  The weather is lovely and we do a little walk up the fields together.  I am on my second loadof washing - its my last day with my machine and I will be a launderette girl from now until all is fixed back in.  I will not waste a minute today, saying my last goodbye to the machine that rules my life.

Martin got back late last night and the we were all excited to see him again.  I got him a football cake from M&S and put 28 candles on it!  It took him 4 hours to drive here and he was exhausted but its lovely to have him back for the weekend.

I must mention before going about Jeanette and her bad news this week.  I was really sad to hear that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer but I am hopeful that she will receive the best treatment and all will be ok. 

At the same time, welcome back Jim and I hope to hear good news about your boy when you manage to get a post on.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs

Terry x

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can sometimes pick up some really good things at the tip!  We got our kitchen table and chairs there!  A person was just dropping them off and so we got them to load them right in to our car.  They were alot better than the ones we already had!  Are you getting a completely new kitchen?  If so lucky you!  Have a great weekend!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Anonymous said...

ohh, get out the deep heat!!I decorated my hallway and my back and legs (and behind) was aching for 3 days.Anyway good luck with your kitchen, hope you dont have too many hiccupd along the way.When my parents got their new kitchen theguy that designed it forgot to leave a space for the fridge freezer!Now it lives in the hallway.Bloody men.Beckiexx

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose`you'd like to come and get started on my bathroom? No? I didn't think so. lol. Enjoy your weekend with Martin.

Linda x

Anonymous said...

I would miss the washer for sure.  Thankfully when we did my kitchen the washer didn't go.  It's in my basement.  I hope to be getting out for walks soon.  The last of our snow should melt off with warmer weather this weekend.  Hope your weekend is a good one too !  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

What an excellent idea the franchise coffee wagon at the tip ,I think you are so brave being without all your kitchen ,laundrettes are few and far between nowadays hope there is one near you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYU)))))))))))))))))))))))))I bet you will be o glad when all this is done and you can have your kitchen back.I would miss my laundry to,even thoe I hate doing laundry.lol.Yes,its sad about Jeanette,but,we are all praying for Her.Have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Tells..... i bet you are lookin forward to the Laundrette, i know what goes on there......a guy strolls in, strips down to his boxers, places clothes in machine, then whips off them boxers throws em in with the washing powder then sits back with his newspaper...... phew, i feel a hot flush coming on.....lol...... enjoy the laundrette you lucky girl :o)
Luv Jaynee xx

Anonymous said...

This is the print I can hardly read.  I find I have to write my entry first and then highlight it and select 14 font size or it won't take.  Is that what you did on the above pics?  I do it on all my stuff because otherwise I can hardly read.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the kitchen, I bet your wash load doubles once the machine comes out..or It will certainly feel like it has!
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

my husband was telling me this morning about yesterday when he went to the dump to get rid of a bed frame and saw 50 bikes sitting in a row, for sale for $5 each. He loves bicycles. He said some were brand new and some were old. He said they crush them after a time of not selling....i said that the dump  boss should give them to a man to fix for kids who have no bikes. My husband and i believe every child should own his/her own bike. I like your coffee/dump idea.
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

Pictures of the new kitchen please and you eating your chocolate buttons! (winks)
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Firstly glad you got your buttons back, your pictures are lovely espcially that one of your sister, liked the wedding photo too, kitchen comming along nicley, I think abouty being greener but it is hard work lol

hugs

yasmin