Saturday 7 October 2006

My week

Well this week has been a sleepy one.  I have woken up twice on the settee in the early hours of the morning!  God knows,  I only have to lay down to watch the telly and I am gone.  I did it again Thursday night and woke up at about 3 in the morning, went upstairs to bed and then woke up at 7:40.  I wonder if I'll win an award for getting myself and 2 kids out the door 25 minutes later?  Poor kids, its an awful way to wake up with someone screaming "get up now, we are really late".  I know I felt really out of sync and I bet they did too.

Work has been really busy, we never finish what we have to do, which is basically filing all day.  Emails have a lot to answer for.  I quite enjoy it when I get a bit of typing to do.

I work with some really nice girls.  C has just come back from her holidays.  She is a tiny little thing and recently married D who is American.  She is a mini property tycoon.  She has bought 4 properties in the last year or so and is renting out 3 of them.  It seems a really common thing to do now.  One of the other girls I work with has 2 that she lets out.  I don't know what I am doing wrong here, I only have the one place and thats enough to keep up.  C is the nicest of girls,  I have never heard her say a bad word about anyone.  She told me once she walks so fast because her mother was about 6ft (she is only about 5') and she used to have to do that to keep up with her mum!

We have a temp working with us for a few months.  She is quite sweet, she comes from South Africa and is a born again Christian.  She is not completely holy though as she smokes and drinks.  I think she has had a bit of a life in the past and now being born again feels she has more control of her life.

My other friend is S.  She has 5 dogs and 2 cats!  The dogs are border collies and need a lot of walking.  She really loves them to bits.  She has just started riding again and that is keeping her busy at weekends.  She hasn't got any kids but would have made the nicest of mums.

The highlight in our office is when someone has a birthday and then they get cakes!  Everyone haunts the cake desk even when we haven't got any, hoping we might have something stashed away.  Sometimes when birthdays are close together we get sick of them and then when its all quite we get those longings for something sweet.  A lot of the fee earners bring sweets back from business trips too, so we can normally come up with something but its a sorry day indeed when the cake desk is bare!

Omigod, Matthew has just come down.  Its very early for him, so peace in the valley is about to stop.  No doubt Rosie and him will now start their arguing, ahhh!

Washing machine is whirring around, its going to have another busy time this weekend.  I really need one of those American-style washing machines, it would make it much quicker to do.  I really liked the washing machine when we rented a villa in Florida - now thats very sad!   

I am taking Rosie round to one of her friends later this morning.  Her mother was a teacher at Rosie's old school and Rosie finds it hard to get her head around the fact that last week she saw her old teacher in her nighty.  Kids hold their teachers in such awe, I don't think they realise they are normal people, who wear nighties!

I have a little dog here, Billy, who keeps trying to jump on my lap.  Now he is barking at me because he wants something.  This dog thinks he is the king in our house - he probably is.

Anyway, off for now to do some jobs.  Have a nice Saturday everyone.

Terry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good weekend and try to get a bit of rest.

We are just the same at school, everyone brings in cakes for their birthday and when there is nothing on the cake table, we have to go and mug the biscuit monitors for some digestive biscuits, a very poor substitute!!

Linda.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/

Anonymous said...

I remember finding out in 5th grade that my 5th grade teacher was a stripper at night.  Now THAT freaked me out!

Amy