Saturday 4 November 2006

Our week

Well this has been a funny week, ups and down because of Billy not being well but enjoyable times, such as when we went out trick and treating.  Work has been absolutely manic and there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done.  We don't get any temp cover when one of us is away and it causes a lot more work for the rest of us, argh. 

Yesterday a girl I really don't like came back to the office as drunk as a lord.  It was nice to see her like that, tee hee!! What a bitch I am.  She is not a very nice person and has really been very nasty about some people I work with directly to their bosses, most of her comments were untrue and made just because she has a nasty nature.  You say good morning to her and she just scowls back, what a waste of time, eh?  Some of the others have said how nice she is outside the office ...  hello???? So .... I wonder what will happen on Monday.  She went to lunch at 1 and didn't come back until about 5!  It was someone's 50th and she and another girl just went and didn't come back.  We were so manic I didn't notice until her boss started carrying on and made one of the other girls call her to get back to the office.  Couldn't have happened to a better person. 

Today I must go and get Matthew's hair cut as he looks like a yeti.  He has a few nice things coming up with Scouts.  They are off to London next week to the London Dungeons and a camp out that night before the Remembrance Parade on Sunday.  He  normally comes home very grouchy after these camp outs because the other boys don't let him sleep and once he decides he has to sleep he hates being disturbed.  Mind you, he still goes because he likes all the other things they do.  Then the following weekend he is off to an adventure camp with them.  Today I must go and get a head torch for him .... one more thing to lose, eh!

I have booked up to go to the Joseph and his Amazing Dream Coat singalong in Leicester Square on the 19th.  The tickets include a dinner afterwards at Ruby Blue, a restaurant nearby.  Rosie played Joseph in her last school play, so this is something she'll really enjoy.  We have done the Sound of Music singalong before and really enjoyed that.  I dressed the kids up, Rosie was a nun and Matthew was a brown paper package wrapped up in string.  They both won prizes and looked really sweet.  Don't know if I'd be able to get Matthew to dress up now he is 13.

Off to get some coffee into my system!

Terry x

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had a busy morning doing two interesting entrys,I like hearing about your Mums tales ,but also enjoy your family storys too ,isnt that a sackable offence drunk on duty ,it is in many places ,lets know what happens he he he ,Camping out to see the armistice parade sounds fun ,if cold ,..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,
I have just spent a wonderful hour reading back over your Mums memoirs...thank you so much for sharing them... I have wept and laughed and throughly enjoyed myself...made me miss my own Mum too who also did very suddenly 3 years ago..if only she had left us some memoirs..she certainly had some tales to tell...
Have a great weekend...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Fancy not coming back after lunch!

I've been in some states on my birthdays when I was working in Cardiff. We used to go to the pub and everyone that went would try to buy the birthday girl/boy a drink and you had to drink them, we had an hour and fifteen minutes for lunch. For some reason, when it was my birthday all the staff used to come. I think the worst year was eight drinks. OMG. I would struggle through the afternoon with copious amounts of coffee. The next day I would check my work and there was never a mistake. But I just can't imagine not going back, no matter what state.
I don't even want to think about the Christmas Parties, It's a good job I left that place!

Linda x.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/

Anonymous said...

Joseph is a brilliant show to see you will love it1
bella xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

hi Terry...

will that girl get the sack? I think its well out of order what she has done to you all, leaving you in the lurch!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

i hope they canned that girl! gezzz drunk at work lol have a great sunday

Deb

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))Man,that really bugs me to no end,co workers,I can tell you some storys.lol.She will get whats comming to Her.I hope your son enjoys his trip and can get some sleep.I would be grouchy to.lol.Sounds like you and your family do alot of nice htings togehter.Have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

sounds like Matthew stays busy :P
thanks for visiting my journal, I put you on alerts :P

hugs
jennifer

Anonymous said...

Loved the brown paper package wrapped up with string!! LOL
love Phoenix
http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix

Anonymous said...

HI Terry I will put you on alerts! Nice to meet you!!