Saturday 18 November 2006

Putting pictures on

Oh gawd!  I know I only did this a couple of weeks ago and in the end managed to do it with photobucket but I have completely forgotten how to do it and can't do it .... argh.

So, please can someone give me the idiot's guide on how to make pictures appear!  Its got to be simple, I seem to have a mental block on this.

Rosie has discovered my old keyboard this morning.  I got it years ago and taught myself to play a few tunes and learned a few cords.  I only got as far as book 1 before I lost interest.  I never seemed to get my rhythmn right!  She is now making a god awful noise and is driving her older brother, Martin, mad.  Paul has disappeared off to work, he got fed up too.

She got ok at the hospital yesterday.  The tooth they were concerned about is laying across the bottom of her gum and not in a position to come out of it!  They think her baby tooth is strong enough and so we will leave best alone because if they do operate to try to get it out, it is near the nerve that could cause paralysis of her lip.  Now, we will have to start the brace procedure off for her twisted front tooth.  As you know, the NHS stopped funding for any braces except for very extreme cases, so we will have to find a lot of money for this.  It will be worth it though.  I think we can pay monthly for it.

Matthew went off to camp last night.  It was pouring with rain all day and he is camping!  I have sent him off with lots of clothes to change into and loads of waterproofs.  The good thing is that the sun is shining here today, so hopefully the kit won't come back too muddy (hmm, I bet it does anyway).  He has gone to a place called Phasels Wood.  Here is the link.  http://www.phaselswood.org.uk/  I bet he'll be having a wonderful time and come home exhausted tomorrow.

Martin has been offered a job in Leeds.  Oh, we are going to miss him if he goes.  I am trying not to be selfish and not think of good reasons to be negative about it.  He went travelling 3 years ago and came home after 4 months as he missed us all so much, so I hope he decides not to take it and look for a better job round here.  His work are considering whether to make him a better offer, so watch this space.

Anyway, off to do a few jobs. 

Take care everyone.

Terry x

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could help but I have never used photobucket.  I have always used file manager.  If you find out how to do it, then please let me know, it always helps to have an alternative method.  Thanks for all your news.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

i didnt realise you had to pay for braces now!!! looks like i'm in for a massive bill as my son has already been told he will need extensive dental work for his teeth in a couple of years. best i start saving!! Joanne

Anonymous said...

So now you know ,looks like you are going to have to pay ,it isnt fair ,is it ? Oh I can remember when my boys went camping with the scouts they loved it and would come back cold, wet, worn out ,and er mucky lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))I hope and pray things all work out for your family,with getting braces for Rosie,your son and your Husband.I use PhotoBucket all the time,its easy,all you have to do it,when you go to PB,click on the browser and it will all of your pics and graffis,ect,than choose which one you want to put into your journal,click it 2 times and it will upload itself.Hope that helps.HAve a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

I just use the add pictures feature of the journals page and then copy and paste them into my entry and then delete the other pictures where it says remove all pictures.  You can click on the picture that you've pasted and make it smaller or larger by moving the little arrow you see when you've clicked on it.  I find it the easiest way to do pictures and haven't tried any others.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry - good news for Rosie but bad news for your purse (or Paul's wallet !!!).   Am luvin that piccy of you in the sidebar - you're just as i had imagined, full of mischief and lovely :o)
Luv Jayne x

Anonymous said...

good thing about the dentist. It is all so expensive tho' isn't it? My boys loved scout camp when they were young. It never seemed to matter to them if it rained. love connie